Keen to see more? Upgrade to include a two-hour tour of Doge's Palace, where you'll see the palace's magnificent public rooms, as well as the Piombi attic prison, which offers rare and limited access to the public.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
Next, disembark your water taxi for your small-group walking tour of top Venice attractions and hidden gems. See the external Bovolo staircase, in all its spiral glory, and pass the former home of Marco Polo, Venice's famous patron. Hear tales of his seafaring adventures in far-flung lands, and stroll through the lively Campo San Luca and Campo SS Giovanni Paolo squares.
Then it’s on to the beautiful Goldoni Theatre, Venice's lesser-known but much-loved opera house, before you reach Rialto Bridge. This must-see landmark is adored by all who visit it, and you'll be awe-struck by its sleek marble lines that produce dazzling reflections in the water beneath.
You'll skip the line outside the Basilica di San Marco, and head straight in for a tour of the basilica and its second level terrace.
Upgrade to include a tour of Doge's Palace:
If the tales of Doge's Palace aren't enough to satisfy your curiosity, then upgrade! You can include a unique two-hour Doge's Palace tour in the morning, allowing you to see both the magnificent public rooms and the rarely seen Piombi attic prison. Learn about the dark deeds of the Venetian doges, and see the attic prison where Giancomo Casanova was once held captive.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour only: 2.30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour Only 2.30pm
Small-group Best of Venice walking tour and Grand Canal water taxi ride with an English-speaking guide
USD $103.09Pricing details
Small-Group Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Water Taxi Ride
- Skip-the-line entrance fees to St Mark's Basilica
- Entrance fees to Doge's Palace (if upgrade option selected)
- Professional guide
- Water taxi ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on this tour
- Backpacks must be left inside a cloakroom on entering St Mark’s Basilica. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Denise, October 2016
Venice was our first stop while on a two week trip to Italy and we absolutely LOVED it there! We did this tour the first day which I recommend to give us an overview of Venice so that we could explore later on our own. The Basilica was simply gorgeous and so wonderful to go inside with the guide who knew so much history since she was a local who also spoke good English. Having headsets on is the way to go since you can wander and look on your own while getting the knowledge without having to be right next to the guide to hear the information. The walking guide was great because we went on some side streets and campos and got interesting information that we would have never seen or known on our own. Venice is brimming with so many interesting streets around every corner that it is so fun to just get lost and go with it! Then we had the Grand Canal Ride that took us through the canal while having narration the whole time. It is simply gorgeous and what a wonderful introduction to beautiful Venice. It was wonderful and we are so happy we did it. In fact we took six Viator tours during our two week stay in Venice, Florence and Rome and all of them were fantastic and I highly recommend! It is truly the best way to get a feel for the history and people so that you can go explore on your own later.
Reviewed by: Jennifer T, October 2016
Tour guide was excellent and made the experience so much more than had I been alone. Without a guide, you'd miss too many subtle pieces of history and information, detracting from the visit. As usual, Viator/City Wonder Tours exceeded my expectations!