Keen to see more? Upgrade to include a two-hour tour of Doge's Palace, where you'll see the palace's magnificent public rooms, as well as the Piombi attic prison, which offers rare and limited access to the public.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
Next, disembark your water taxi for your small-group walking tour of top Venice attractions and hidden gems. See the external Bovolo staircase, in all its spiral glory, and pass the former home of Marco Polo, Venice's famous patron. Hear tales of his seafaring adventures in far-flung lands, and stroll through the lively Campo San Luca and Campo SS Giovanni Paolo squares.
Then it’s on to the beautiful Goldoni Theatre, Venice's lesser-known but much-loved opera house, before you reach Rialto Bridge. This must-see landmark is adored by all who visit it, and you'll be awe-struck by its sleek marble lines that produce dazzling reflections in the water beneath.
You'll skip the line outside the Basilica di San Marco, and head straight in for a tour of the basilica and its second level terrace.
Upgrade to include a tour of Doge's Palace:
If the tales of Doge's Palace aren't enough to satisfy your curiosity, then upgrade! You can include a unique two-hour Doge's Palace tour in the morning, allowing you to see both the magnificent public rooms and the rarely seen Piombi attic prison. Learn about the dark deeds of the Venetian doges, and see the attic prison where Giancomo Casanova was once held captive.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour only: 2.30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour Only 2.30pm
Small-group Best of Venice walking tour and Grand Canal water taxi ride with an English-speaking guide
USD $102.31Pricing details
Small-Group Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Water Taxi Ride
- Skip-the-line entrance fees to St Mark's Basilica
- Entrance fees to Doge's Palace (if upgrade option selected)
- Professional guide
- Water taxi ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on this tour
- Backpacks must be left inside a cloakroom on entering St Mark’s Basilica. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Julie, January 2017
What a lovely way to see some highlights of this lovely gem!! Our guide was very informative and helped us navigate the crowds and attraction lines. The boat ride offered a chance to view sights from a different vantage while our guide shared various tidbits of information about life in Venice. Highly recommend this tour.
Reviewed by: Stephan B, December 2016
Excellent tour, covering the essence of Venice - both on foot and then in private taxi from the water. Great guide. Small group.