- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Travel to Buckingham Palace, the official London residence of the Queen, and walk around in front of the gates to see the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony. Have your camera ready to capture the pomp and pageantry of the Queen’s Foot Guard as they march in their eye-catching red tunics and bearskin hats, and then travel by coach to a traditional London pub in Trafalgar Square.
Rest and refuel with a hearty lunch (own expense), and then continue your day of sightseeing with a visit to the City of London, an area just east of the city center where many of London’s banks can be found. Look out for the sights as your guide explains their history and hop out for fast-track entry and a guided tour of St Paul's Cathedral.
Continue to the Tower of London, and head inside to explore at your leisure. The former prison and fortress, which looks out over the River Thames, was built to terrify potential invaders and Londoners alike. Steeped in centuries of murder and treason, the tower is fascinating to explore with its famous jet-black ravens and Beefeater guides. Should you wish, opt to join one of the complimentary Beefeater tours that run every 30 minutes and hear tragic tales of the royals and nobles who met their end within the tower’s walls.
Before your tour finishes, receive a ticket for a sightseeing cruise along the River Thames, from the Tower of London to Westminster Pier. Upgrade to include an flexible ticket for the London Eye, to used any time you wish.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickup is available from selected London hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
London in One Day Sightseeing
London in One Day Sightseeing Tour including Tower of London Entrance and Changing of the Guard
USD $128.66Pricing details
Tour Including London Eye
London in One Day Sightseeing Tour including Tower of London Entrance and Changing of the Guard. Tour includes a standard London Eye Ticket
USD $158.81Pricing details
Changing of the Guard
- Hotel pickup
- Blue Badge guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Entrance fee to the Tower of London
- Entrance fee to St Paul's Cathedral
- Thames River cruise
- London Eye standard flight (if option selected)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays: there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and the tour will visit Tower Bridge Exhibition or Banqueting House instead
- Please note: St Paul's Cathedral is closed on the following dates: July 2, October 6,12 and November 12 2016- there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and longer time spent at the Tower of London and include a Thames River ticket
- Occasionally there may not be a Changing of the Guard. On these occasions you will visit Horse Guards Parade, built on the site of the jousting yard of the old Whitehall Palace
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Keri Y, August 2016
We really enjoyed this tour! Our tour guide was excellent with a wealth of information about London and Londoners. It was obvious that she loved her city and country and I loved listening to her talk about how British people feel about things like the royal family. I really liked the little speakers this tour provided so we could always hear our tour guide. I had no idea how handy that was until I went on other tours that did not have them and I could barely hear the tour guide. If you are short on time - this is the tour for you! A lot is packed in for one day.
Reviewed by: Kevin H, August 2016
Our guide was terrific and the tour hit all of the major locations/sites you could possibly want. If you are spending a short time in London, this is the tour to take...