- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Round-trip airfares
You’ll head out on a luxury minibus along the south coast of the island – the scenic drive will keep your eyes glued to your windows. You’ll have between 15 minutes to one hour at each of the following stops.
Catch amazing Hawaiian views of the coast, and ask your guide about Captain Cook.
Volcanoes National Park:
The Grand Circle tour includes admission to the park. Built in 1916, the park features the results of 70 million years of volcanic activity, migration and evolution. See the Kilauea Iki crater, Thurston Lava Tube and the steam bluffs. Bring a light sweater or jacket to wear here.
You can watch films of past eruptions and current volcano activity at this free, hands-on museum.
Big Island Candy Company:
Established in 1977, Big Island Candy manufactures and markets high-end macadamia-nut candies and cookies. You’ll get a free tour, complete with Kona coffee and samples.
When the day is over, you will have literally circled the Big Island. You’ll be driven back to the Kona airport for your flight to Honolulu.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most centrally located Waikiki hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Big Island day trip without hotel pickup and drop-off - Promotional -
Includes Hotel Pickup
Tour + hotel pickup and drop-off - Promotional -
Beautiful rainfalls and rainforests on the Big Island
- Round trip coach class air travel to the neighbor island
- Ground transportation by air-conditioned motor coach or mini-coach
- Tour narration by a professional driver/guide
- Admission to Volcanoes National Park
- Hawaii State Taxes
- Airline Fare and Fuel Surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, unless option selected
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A light sweater may be needed at the volcano area and sturdy walking shoes are required
- Passengers with asthma and other respiratory problems should please consider other tour offerings to avoid potential health problems resulting from exposure to fumes
- As we cannot predict volcanic activity, features may vary daily depending on conditions. In an effort to make this an unforgettable experience, the tour operators will take you as close as possible to the volcanic activity.
- Lava sightings not guaranteed
Please Note: The name you enter at the time of booking must be exactly as appears on your photo I.D.
Interisland Air Carriers will deny boarding if the passenger name, as shown on valid government-issued I.D. does not match the name on their voucher. This is a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and FAA requirement. Air Carriers proven to be non-compliant are subject to severe penalties; thus there is no flexibility with this policy. If a passenger is denied boarding, there will be no refund issued.
Reviewed by: Donald S, August 2016
We flew over from Oahu so had to leave the North Shore at 3am. Got to the airport at 4 and was met by an agent from Polynesian Adventures. She gave us our tickets and got us to the counter. Our flight landed at 5:45am but no one was there to meet us. A call was made to the Polynesian office where we were informed that they don't pick up that early but would send someone in 15 min. hmmm? Aside from that the trip was fantastic!. Tommy our guide and bus driver was knowledgeable, funny and talked for 12 hours God bless him He drove that big bus like a pro!! Give that guy a raise :.The big island is so different from Oahu we were awestruck. A few recommendations if you are flying over take an empty water bottle as there is no place to buy water except lunch, which is on you . Also if you are a coffee person bring an empty container as you can refill it at your first stop free. I think a cooler on the bus with water would be a good addition that Polynesian could implement especially considering the cost of the tour All in all this is a tour that I highly recommend even if you are staying on the big island. Tommy got us to the airport in plenty of time for our flight home walked in the door at 9:30 pm exhausted but so glad we did this.
Reviewed by: ROBERT B, December 2013
excellent trip wish we could stay longer