- Instant Confirmation
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Feed the trout and salmon at the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere
- Downtown Hobart and shopping precincts
- Travel north west skirting Mt Wellington and follow the Derwent River
- Suburbs of Glenorchy and Claremount - the home of Cadbury's Chocolate
- Look for native birds along the shores of the Derwent River
- The beautiful Derwent Valley - tiny towns and agriculture
- New Norfolk - heart of the Derwent River Valley
- Experience the stillness of rainforest fernglades at Mt Field National Park
- Majestic tall treeferns provide a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
- Witness the spectacle of Russell Falls
- Return alongside the Derwent River crossing the Bowen Bridge overlooking the Incat catamaran factory
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Brooke Street Pier Tourism Center
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup list
- Local guide
- Full-day touring by coach
- Entrance to Mt Field National Park
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: JEFFREY M, September 2015
This was the highlight of my holiday to Hobart Tasmania. The tour was on time, the operator was very good and friendly and being a small bus there was 18 of us she made us feel very relaxed. The falls are easy to get to for any type of ability wheelchair , walking stick/frame etc however the falls above Russell Falls which are called Horseshoe Falls are only accessible via a steep but safe series of rock and wooden steps, but well worth the effort if you can. When you first reach Russell Falls I was lucky as they were in full flow just takes ones breath away at their sheer majesty, same for Horseshoe Falls . You get plenty of time to explore and have a lovely lunch at the café on site at the park entrance. Morning tea is provided at a salmon hatchery with lovely English style gardens with loads of exotic trees . It is a whole day tour and takes you via scenic valleys on both sides of the Derwent River. Again my luck held out as it was a most beautiful and warm day but come prepared as the weather can change in an instant. My booking with viator was flawless and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. A magic day to remember forever along with many photos. DO THIS TOUR you will never regret it.
Reviewed by: Cambryn O, January 2014
Very knowledgeable tour guide! Whole trip was amazing and fun! Must do!