- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Popular choice with kids
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9:15am
USD $45.56Pricing details
Departs at 2pm
USD $45.56Pricing details
The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
The Sound of Music Film Locations in Salzburg:
- Mirabell Gardens - The Mirabell Gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi.'
- Leopoldskron Castle - The front side of the castle was used as the Trapp family home, the children were boating on the Leopoldskron Lake and fell into the water. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
- Hellbrunn Castle - This hunting castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. In the gardens the glass pavillion was reconstructed for the pleasure of those fans still returning after 30 years.
- Nonnberg Abbey - Nonnberg Abbey is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria was a novice there. The baron and Maria were married here in 1927. The scenes for the movie made here include the opening with the nuns going to Mass and Maria coming too late.
- St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang - Scenery shown at the beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
- Wedding Church Mondsee - Mondsee Cathedral was used as the location for Maria and the Baron's wedding in the film.
Please note: The coach will visit all film locations listed above. You will get off the bus at Leopoldskron Castle, Hellbrunn Castle, St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang and Mondsee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: HELOISA P, January 2017
Uma experiência maravilhosa .... Ana, uma estudante de musica em Salzburgo, foi uma guia entusiasmada e interessante.
Nevou forte o dia todo e o ônibus viajou com segurança por estradas internas cobertas de neve graças ao motorista Alex! Estes dois tornaram o que poderia ter sido um desastre por causa da nevasca literal e figuradamente numa lembrança adorável.
Obrigada, obrigada, obrigada Alex e Ana e ela canta muito bem....
Reviewed by: Kathryn M, January 2017
A great day out. Our guide, Peter and driver, Nico were very helpful and most entertaining. The jokes may be bad but we never stopped laughing. Definitely would recommend these guys. We were very luck as it had snowed the day before and everywhere looked beautiful