Classical Rome City Tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
The centro storico was made for carefree strolling, with a myriad of cobbled footpaths and picturesque piazzas, lined by buzzing pavement-side cafés. Baroque churches, fountains and palazzos built during the Renaissance are scattered around, adding to the oh-so-Roman charm that abounds.
Amble to Trevi Fountain, hearing about its coin-throwing traditions from your guide, and then stop to throw one in yourself. Do it according to legend: throw one coin to visit Rome again, two coins to fall in love with an Italian, and a third coin to marry one! After posing for photos in front of the dazzling masterpiece, stroll over to the Column of Marcus Aurelius, and then walk over to Palazzo di Montecitorio -- an elegant Bernini-designed palace that is now used as a parliament building.
Head inside Rome Pantheon and marvel at the interior of the city’s best-preserved ancient monument. Officially a church, the Pantheon contains several tombs of eminent Italians, like the Renaissance genius Raphael. Pose for pictures from the outside and then walk from Piazza della Rotonda to Piazza Navona to admire its lavish Bernini fountains.
Hop back on board your coach and end your tour back at the start point. Alternatively, request a drop-off at one of four different locations; simply let your guide know on the day.
Want to see more of Rome? Upgrade to the full-day tour, and after your morning tour, spend a couple of hours at leisure for lunch (own expense), and then meet your guide at a pre-arranged time for your afternoon tour. By coach and on foot, see the sights of Imperial Rome, including Piazza de Campidoglio on Capitoline Hill, Circus Maximus, and the Church of St Peter in Chains. Finish with a skip-the-line Colosseum tour.
Full-Day Tour with Lunch:
Upgrade to the full-day tour and include lunch at a restaurant close to Vatican City or Termini Station in between your morning and afternoon tour.
Hotel pickup is available; please click on ‘View Additional Info’ below to see the Rome hotels that are included in this service.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30-60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Tour in English
Tour of Rome's centro storico
USD $46.23Pricing details
Full-Day Tour in English
Tour of Rome's centro storico in the morning, followed by an Imperial Rome tour in the afternoon
USD $111.62Pricing details
Full-Day with Lunch in English
Tour of Rome's centro storico in the morning, followed by lunch and an Imperial Rome tour in the afternoon
USD $144.32Pricing details
Piazza Navona on the Classical Rome Tour
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements
- Inside visit of St Peter's Basilica is included, except during religious celebrations or special events
- There can be a considerable amount of walking on Rome tours, (often on uneven, cobbled surfaces) due to coach regulations. It is possible for clients to remain on the coach, however this means that many of the sights will be missed
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Kathryn M, June 2016
It was excellent. Saw many of the highlights of Rome, including a quick visit to Vatican city. The 3 hour tour was perfect for my 78 year old mother.
Reviewed by: Nancy G, June 2016
Enjoyed this tour very much a good overview of major highlights guide well informed.