- Multi-Day Trip
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Depart New York City and head south through New Jersey to the City of Brotherly Love – Philadelphia. Drive along Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Elfert Alley (one of the oldest inhabited streets in America). Disembark the coach or van in Philadelphia’s historical district and see the Liberty Bell, the Constitution Hall, Constitution Square and other historically significant sites.
Continue on a panoramic tour of Philadelphia that includes the financial district, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Historic Philadelphia and more. Departing Philadelphia you will see the famous “Rocky Steps”. You'll continue east to Lancaster County home of the Amish people. You'll start your visit with a ride on an authentic Amish Buggy through the Amish farm country and learn how they live without the benefit of
modern technology, no electricity, running water, telephone service, or appliances. After the ride you will visit the Amish marketplace where we can shop for handmade arts crafts and products.
In the late afternoon you will depart east for an evening arrival in Washington DC and an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Washington DC.
On Day 2, start the day with a visit to Arlington National Cemetery the changing of the guards and the Kennedy family gravesite. Next, visit the Mint and learn how the US tries to keep the US Dollar safe from counterfeiters (Philadelphia US Mint only in the summer on Saturday departures). Your visit continues to Capitol Hill. See the Capitol, Senate and White House to understand the core of the US government. Continue to the Air and Space Museum before visiting the Lincoln, Washington, Korea and Vietnam Memorials.
In the late afternoon we depart north for an evening arrival in New York.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2-day Philadelphia and DC Tour
2-day tour to Philadelphia, Washington DC and the Amish Country from New York City
USD $320.00Pricing details
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Sightseeing in Philadelphia and Washington DC
- 1-night hotel including tax and Continental Breakfast
- Authentic Amish Buggy ride through the Amish farm
- Philadelphia US Mint (Summer only, Saturday departure)
- Wifi on bus only
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Amish portion of the tour is subject to change due to seasons or inclement weather
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Marlin H, October 2016
Excellent trip! Well organized and tour guides were great! Would highly recommend it!
Reviewed by: Peter D, Australia, September 2016
Very enjoyable and very informative. really pleased we did it.