- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
Next stop is the the Agrodome for a hands-on Kiwi farming experience. You'll see sheep mustering by highly trained dogs, sheep shearing demonstrations and receive an insight into the history of dairy farm milking. Don't miss the opportunity to milk a cow, feed young animals or even be photographed with a huge bull!
Then it's on to the famous Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve to see the renowned silica terraces, bubbling mud pools and unique geothermal vegetation. Exploding from the ground up to 100 feet (30 meters) high is the world-famous Pohutu Geyser, which bursts into life 10-20 times a day and has been a visitor attraction since the early 1900s.
You'll also visit the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, to see how traditional carvings and weaving record history and customs in the Maori sacred meeting houses.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
SkyCity Travel Center
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to Auckland at approximately 8:15pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Return to Auckland
Full-day tour from Auckland returning to Auckland at 8:10pm
USD $246.91Pricing details
Concludes in Rotorua
Full-day tour from Auckland concluding in Rotorua at 5pm
USD $261.56Pricing details
Waitomo Caves and Rotorua Day Trip from Auckland
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entry and guided tour of Waitomo Caves
- Entry to the Agrodome
- Entry to Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve and the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- All tours are operated by a luxury 4 star coach with on board toilet
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Tess H, November 2016
The tour was great the sceneries on the way to both the caves and the farm were awesome and Kenny did a great job on commentary the whole way!
Reviewed by: ROY J, November 2016
Not many things can make you go WOW, but the glow worms in the Waitomo caves sure did. Amazing, great tour.
Roy and allana, Geraldton WA