Book and save 13% off the local supplier's price for travel on Thursday and Saturday. As an added bonus, receive free tickets to the Mac King Comedy and Magic Show at Harrah's Hotel and Casino!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Start your 6.5-hour Hoover Dam tour with hotel pickup from selected Las Vegas hotels. Hop aboard the air-conditioned minivan for transport to Hoover Dam, an approximate 45-minute drive away. En route, your guide enlightens your small group with encyclopedic knowledge on all aspects of Hoover Dam and its history.
On arrival, you’ll begin with a Powerplant tour. Travel 524 feet (160 meters) into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada Powerwing, generators and a 30-foot-diameter (9-meter) pipe inside one of the four diversion tunnels.
Next, head into the Hoover Dam Visitor Center where you can see the history of Hoover Dam and view numerous exhibits that explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity.
Then take a fully guided Walk on the Top tour — a comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the dam. Snap photographs of Lake Mead at the scenic Lake Mead Overlook before enjoying an early afternoon lunch at a restaurant on the way back to Las Vegas (see menu options below).
You’ll make a short but sweet stop at Ethel M's Chocolate Factory and hear Vegas trivia about Howard Hughes, the mafia and more before drop-off at selected hotels.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 7:25 AM Golden Nugget
- 7:30 AM Stratosphere
- 7:35 AM Circus Circus
- 7:40 AM Treasure Island
- 7:50 AM Bally's
- 7:55 AM Monte Carlo
- 8:00 AM Excalibur
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
- Professional guide
- Government's Power Plant Tour
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour
- Walk On The Top Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The interior tour is not recommended for people that suffer from claustrophobia, who have pacemakers or defibrillators
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Transportation is not wheelchair accessible however wheelchairs are available for rent for approximately USD $5 at the Dam. If you require a wheelchair at the Dam please let your tour guide know.
- Receive FREE entry to the Mac King Comedy and Magic Show at Harrah's Las Vegas Casino (free admission with the purchase of one beverage per person in the showroom. Tickets will be given out at the time of check in for the tour
Sample menu options (subject to change):
- Bean and Cheese burrito covered in ranchero sauce served with shredded lettuce and pico de gallo
- Hot turkey sandwich with cheese on wheat bread with mayo, lettuce and tomato. Served with fresh potato spuds
- Chicken Enchiladas topped with ranchero sauce served with beans, fresh shredded lettuce and pico de gallo
- Fresh homemade spaghetti served with mild Italian Sausage Sauce served with garlic bread
- 1/2 pound burger cooked medium-well with lettuce, tomato and 1000 Island Dressing. Served with potato spuds
- Veggie burger and fresh cut potato spuds served with lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Stephanie N, September 2016
We had a wonderful time during our tour including the high energy and enthusiasm from the driver as well as the guide. They made the experience one that won't be forgotten. I highly recommend the tour as well as the driver and guide.
Reviewed by: newman_tony, September 2016
Bit concerned when bus was 20 min late picking us up from the Excalibur, but what a trip. Driver Phil and guide Jason, the comedian, were fabulous. Tour was full of information and hilarity. Stops were well timed and provided plenty of time to take pictures. Lunch was excellent and Jason kept us laughing all the time.