- All-inclusive tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
The 4-hour adventure to Tillicum Village on Blake Island State Park begins at Pier 55 on Seattle's central waterfront. Relax and enjoy the magnificent scenery during the 45-minute narrated cruise from downtown Seattle.
When you arrive at Tillicum Village, make your way up to the longhouse along the pathway strewn with clam shells bleached by the sun. Before you enter the longhouse, take a moment and enjoy an appetizer of clams and nectar. Be sure to crush the empty clam shells when you are finished as it is the tradition to help preserve the path!
Inside the longhouse, watch as whole Chinook salmon is cooked over an alder-wood fire on cedar stakes in the traditional Northwest Coast Indian style. As you finish your buffet meal, the lights dim while the myth and magic come to life in the spellbinding performance featuring the Tillicum Village dancers.
The highly acclaimed show leads visitors through an enchanting tour of the customs, beliefs and dances of the Northwest Coast Indians. In this 25-minute production, the authentic dances are representative of the myths and legends from various tribes along the Northwest Coast. Modern storytelling and symbolism are combined with the theatrics of the stage to enhance the ethnic and cultural heritage of an exceptional people.
After the show, you have approximately 45-minutes of free time when you can watch carving demonstrations, browse through the gift gallery featuring artwork of local artisans or stroll along the pleasant beaches and forest trails.
Finally, board the boat and enjoy the relaxing cruise back to Seattle.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Please make your own way to Pier 55 on the Seattle Waterfront
Tour returns to the original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 11:30am
1:30pm Extended Depature
Extended departure, 1:30pm - 6:00pm
Departs at 4:30pm
- Roundtrip Boat transportation
- Buffet meal
- Northwest Coast Native American dance performance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Traditional Alder Baked Salmon: Savor this centuries‐old treat! The salmon, baked around alder wood fires on cedar stakes, is unlike anything you have ever tasted. Taking approximately one hour to bake slowly to perfection, the salmon retains moisture and takes on a wonderful mild flavor unique to this style of cooking and is served with a signature Juniper Berry Seasoning.
- Signature Beef Stew: This thick meaty stew is full of flavors beef combined with root vegetables and potatoes for a mouth‐watering dish.
- Wild Grain Harvest Rice: Try this wonderful combination of wild and regular rice, cooked to perfection with onions, garlic and a fragrant vegetable stock.
- Warm Whole Grain Tillicum Bread: This rich, dark, slightly‐sweet bread is made with a hint of molasses and served warm with butter. This bread is so popular, in fact, you can even purchase an extra loaf to take home!
- Field Greens Salad: Seasonal greens, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, Oregon blue cheese and served with stone ground rosemary dressing or raspberry vinaigrette served on the side.
- Tri‐Colored Bean Salad: A colorful display of marinated creamy‐white cannelli beans and bright, fresh green beans tossed with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and shallots in a red‐wine vinaigrette.
- Fresh Fruit Salad: Assorted melons, grapes, strawberries and pineapple served with a strawberry honey dipping sauce.
- Northwest Dessert Treat: A Northwest inspired finish to your meal.
- Coffee, Tea, Lemonade
Reviewed by: TH, September 2016
The trip to Tillicum Village was a really nice excursion whilst in Seattle and I would recommend it to anyone. It was very interesting, the food was amazing, the service good and the location very relaxing. The 45min boat trip from Seattle to Blake island was also very relaxing and informative.
Reviewed by: Janet L, September 2016
Trip was easy to find, well organised, good ferrying with helpful guide. Experience at Blake Island was excellent. Food was excellent. Entertainment excellent - although I wouldn't say toddlers would be comfortable for the time in the dark with the documentary... Only criticism was that we were not there long enough to checkout the gift shop AND take a walk on the island.