Book and save 9% compared to the local supplier's prices!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Once in Sonoma County, admire the rolling hills and beautiful valleys that have supplied the world with fantastic wines for more than 60 years. Your professional guide will describe the region and its wine in detail so that you can truly appreciate your experience.
Your first stop is Benziger Family Winery, where you'll hop on a 45-minute tram tour to enjoy up-close views of the biodynamic vineyards, fermentation facility and crush pad. This intimate tram tour lets you follow the winemaking process from the roots to the glass and see how wine is made, bottled, aged and distributed.
Back in the tasting room, you can enjoy the fruits of these labors! Enjoy a special tasting of the winery's award-winning wines and walk through the barrel caves. You'll learn all about the art of biodynamic viticulture, an increasingly popular process that uses organic methods of farming without the use of pesticides and other artificial chemicals.
For lunch, you'll settle down at Benziger Family Winery and picnic on a deli lunch. You'll have the option to indulge on a turkey, roast beef, ham, or vegetarian sandwich, accompanied by a pasta salad, piece of fruit, and cookie.
In the afternoon, travel over to Napa County to continue wine tasting in Oakville, Yountville or in the city of Napa itself. The landscape of rolling hills laced with rows of wine grapes is truly awe-inspiring, and provides a romantic backdrop for memorable photos.
On your return trip, make one more photo stop above the Golden Gate Bridge -- a must-do for first-time visitors! You'll arrive back at your San Francisco hotel in the evening.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour with Lunch
Wine tour with Benzinger tram. Includes choice of gourmet deli lunch.
USD $135.00Pricing details
Vine to Wine Napa and Sonoma Day Trip with Tastings and Organic Winery Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport to Napa and Sonoma by biodiesel minicoach
- Tram tour at Benziger Family Winery
- Select wine tastings
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Additional tasting fees may apply
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 21 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please specify which sandwich option you would like in the Special Requirements section at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Paoli-Torres Team, Puerto Rico, January 2017
Excellent Tour Guide and Friendly group
Reviewed by: Francis S, March 2016
Great tour. Tour guide Mitch made it a tour without limits. He went out of his way to make this tour fun, educational and one that won't be easily forgotten. Very personable. Great sense of humor. We felt like family.