- Multi-Day Trip
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickup between 8am and 9am, approximately, depending on hotel location
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Single occupancy accommodation in historic downtown Sonoma
USD $484.00Pricing details
Double occupancy accommodation in historic downtown Sonoma
USD $385.00Pricing details
2-Day Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Narrated tour
- One night of hotel accommodation in downtown Sonoma
- Wine tastings at 4-8 wineries
- Transport by biodiesel minicoach
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fee to Muir Woods (US$10)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Tasting fees, as applicable
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour operator reserve the right to cancel tours due to lack of participation, vehicle breakdown, weather or road conditions
- Recommended for people 21 years and older
- Must be 21 years or older with valid photo ID to consume alcohol
- One small overnight bag per person. Recommended that bag be soft and easy to fit beneath car seats
- Wear layered clothing. San Francisco temperatures may be quite cool while Sonoma may be significantly colder or warmer depending on the season
- Please advise lunch selection for Day 2 in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Due to hotel accommodations reserved in advance, any changes to dates will incur 100% cancellation penalty
Your 2-day wine-tasting adventure begins with morning pickup from your San Francisco hotel in an eco-friendly, biodiesel minicoach. Weather permitting, make a quick stop near the Presidio, a national park site, for a photo op of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
Cross over the beloved bridge and travel through the Marin Headlands to Muir Woods National Monument (entrance fee not included). Spend 1.5 hours admiring the awe-inspiring redwoods and staggering array of plant and animal life in this dreamlike place, one of the last old-growth coastal redwood forests in the San Francisco area.
Next, head to Sonoma Valley, a tremendously rich wine-growing region with more than 30 types of grapes and 300 wineries and tasting rooms. Sample a variety of wines (some tasting fees may apply) before checking into your downtown hotel in late afternoon. Use your knowledgeable guide’s recommendations for restaurants, tasting rooms and boutiques to help plan the rest of your day.
Overnight: Hotel in downtown Sonoma
Day 2: Sonoma – San Francisco (L)
Get an early start or sleep in this morning—the choice is yours. Continue to explore Sonoma on your own, nibbling samples at the Sonoma Cheese Factory, visiting the historic Mission San Francisco Solano or window shopping on Sonoma Square.
Meet up with your guide in the afternoon, and head to tiny Glen Ellen to continue wine tasting. Stop at Benziger Family Winery, and tour the vineyards, fermentation facility and crush pad by tram. Walk through the barrel caves, and sip the winery’s biodynamic and other award-winning wines.
Enjoy a picnic lunch on a shaded patio before heading to Imagery Estate Winery to taste more wine and view an impressive collection of contemporary art. Your tour then culminates in famous Napa Valley, where you'll spend the afternoon tasting wines in Oakville, Yountville or the town of Napa. Take pictures of seemingly endless rows of immaculately kept vines, and if time permits, stop for a glass of sparkling wine (own expense) before heading back to San Francisco. On the way, stop for an evening view of the Golden Gate Bridge, with the city illuminated in the background. Your 2-day wine country experience concludes with drop-off at your hotel in the evening.
Boxed lunch options for Day 2:
Please make note of which lunch option you would prefer in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking
- Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by pasta salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by potato salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by potato salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Vegetarian sandwich on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion, olives, sprouts, pepperoncini, cucumber accompanied by coleslaw, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
Reviewed by: Matthew W, July 2016
During our 2 day tour we were with guides Bob, Mitch and Mike. We really enjoyed how they helped our groups each day feel comfortable and cohesive. We learned a lot from them and would highly recommend the trip! Thanks for taking us to so many wonderful wineries and Muir Woods!
Reviewed by: Suzanne F, September 2015
A great trip! Muir Woods is beautiful and Sonoma and Napa chock full of great wineries. The two days enabled free time in the evening to revisit Sonoma Square, enjoy a leisurely meal and soak up a bit more of this gorgeous town I also loved Sisters, the fashion consignment store. Over the two days I visited 8 or 9 tasting venues, did a wine education tour and sampled around 50 wines and some chocolate, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and cheese. Tomy day 1 and Chris day 2 were both super friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating guides. The bus was clean, cool and comfortable and the driving safe and smooth. The only improvement tip I would give is to provide an esky to keep all the produce fresh.
Thanks Tomy and Chris, I had a really great time!