Soak up the lively atmosphere of the Gaslamp Quarter, which is filled with restaurants, shops and clubs — some of which occupy Victorian-era buildings. Cruise through adjacent Chinatown; see the San Diego Convention Center; and admire Petco Park, home to the San Diego Padres baseball team. Enjoy views of the San Diego Bay from the Seaport Village shopping area.
Take in more lovely seaside views as you glide along Navy Pier and see the merchant ship Star of India and aircraft carrier USS Midway, both now maritime museums. Pay your respects at the distinctive memorial to the USS San Diego, which served during World War II. Capture a photo with the colossal statue depicting the famous photograph showing a sailor kissing a woman in Times Square on V-J Day. Check out the cool collection of 30 sculptures by 30 artists that make up the Urban Trees exhibit at the Port of San Diego.
Your attraction-packed tour also takes you to beautiful 1,200-acre (490-hectare) Balboa Park, where you'll ride by the San Diego Museum hub, which includes the San Diego Museum of Art, San Diego Natural History Museum and San Diego Museum of Man. Inhale the fragrant scents at the Inez Grant Parker Memorial Rose Garden and Desert Gardens, a botanical garden with more than 1,300 plants. Marvel at the working artist studios and galleries at the Spanish Village. Your comprehensive 2-hour city Segway tour concludes back in the Gaslamp Quarter.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
9am departure; 2-hour Segway tour of San Diego's Gaslamp District
11am departure; 2-hour Segway tour of San Diego's Gaslamp District
2pm departure; 2-hour Segway tour of San Diego's Gaslamp District
4pm departure; 2-hour Segway tour of San Diego's Gaslamp District
Gaslamp Segway Tour
- Narration by professional guide
- 30-minute Segway orientation
- Use of Segway and safety equipment (helmet)
- Snacks and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years. Riders 12 to 15 years must have a parent present to both sign a waiver and accompany them on the tour
- Riders 16 to 17 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver but are allowed to ride without parent accompaniment
- Minimum weight is 100 lbs (45 kg); maximum is 250 lbs (113 kg)
- Pregnant woman are not allowed to participate
- While this tour is not physically demanding, you must have a decent level of fitness and be able to climb stairs without assistance to participate
- Tours operate rain or shine
Reviewed by: Patrick W, September 2016
Awesome tour, I'd highly recommend. Downtown San Diego is the perfect place for a Segway tour too spaced out for a walking tour yet not sprawled out so much that you need a motor vehicle. The tour covers most of the major tourist spots of downtown including the Gaslamp district and Petco park, the USS Midway, little Italy, and Balboa Park. Not enough time to really explore each attraction, but enough to get a good feel for the city and what it has to offer. Our groups tour guide was John, he was entertaining and knowledgeable of the city, so I would recommend joining one of his groups if it's an option.
Reviewed by: Matei A, May 2016
Fantastic tour. Great guide Keana.