Your bike tour begins at La Jolla Shores where you’ll follow a path which overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the coastline and sandstone cliffs of San Diego as you cycle at a leisurely pace. You’ll continue biking through the back streets of La Jolla, Bird Rock, Wind'n'Sea and Pacific Beach before returning to La Jolla Shores.
Back in La Jolla there will be a brief stop at La Jolla Cove and Children's Pool. This small cove was once a swimming area for children, but is now home to wild seals and sea lions. A great opportunity to see wild marine mammals up-close!
This 2-hour bike tour is the perfect way to spend the day sightseeing along the San Diego coastline and through its surrounding communities.
- Admission into the La Jolla Sea Caves and Cave Store
- Children's Pool and La Jolla Seal Beach
- San Diego's famous surfing breaks
- The La Jolla Sea Lion Rookery with up-close looks at these amazing animals
- Views from 100-foot bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve
- The quaint and historic La Jolla Village neighborhood
- The diverse La Jolla Tide Pools highlighting marine biological diversity
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
USD $40.00Pricing details
Departs at 1pm
USD $40.00Pricing details
La Jolla Coastal Bike Tour
- Multi-speed hybrid bicycle
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Clothing: Comfortable shirt and shorts (pants as needed), Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt as required, Closed-toed shoes (sandals and flip-flops not recommended!), and Sunscreen.
- Free parking is available on the side streets. The spots marked 'two-hour' parking are NOT RECOMMENDED (not enough time)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay price for second passenger directly to operator upon check-in.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Laurie W, June 2015
Tour was great! Description of an "easy" ride may be a tad incorrect. Several hills during the ride were challenging, but the trip and guide were awesome
Reviewed by: Dob M, April 2013
We enjoyed this tour very much.