Admire the 360-degree view of the city and coastline, and then strap on your provided helmet and take off, zooming down the mountain as fast (or as slow) as you want. Ride about 3.5 miles (5.5 km) toward the ocean, soaking up La Jolla’s quaint atmosphere and picturesque scenery.
When you get to the coast, stop at La Jolla sea caves, where you can hop off your bike and enter the only cave accessible by land, Sunny Jim’s, reached by a tunnel known as the Cave Store. Then head to the Children’s Pool and seal beach to check out the town’s famous harbor seals. Enjoy a stunning photo op from the 100-foot (30-meter) bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve, and take a look at the marine life in the tide pools.
Continue your bike tour by pedaling south to San Diego’s popular surf breaks at Pacific Beach and Mission Beach. Then head back to your starting point via quiet back roads, soaking up the laid-back ambience of San Diego’s beach communities.
Total biking distance is approximately 10 miles (16 km); the pace is not strenuous and the terrain is mostly downhill or flat, but you will pedal over a few short hills (you can get off and walk if needed).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 10am
USD $40.00Pricing details
Tour departs at 12pm
USD $40.00Pricing details
La Jolla Coast Bike Tour with Downhill Ride from Mt Soledad
- Use of Bianchi hybrid bike
- Helmet rental
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Admission to La Jolla Cave Store
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear closed-toe shoes (sandals and flip-flops are discouraged), sunscreen, comfortable clothing, and a jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt as required
- Free parking is available on the side streets; the spots marked '2-Hour Parking' are not recommended as the total tour time is 2.5 hours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required; individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay the 2nd-passenger price directly to the local operator upon check-in
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum age is 14 years
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sheila M, United States of America, August 2016
Incredible way to see the La Jolla coastline and pass by the La Jolla coves. Lots of great photo opps. My guide had a great background on the areas and stops which really added to the experience. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area! Also worth noting, I had a minor issue with booking since I made the reservation later the day before and Viator was extremely quick and helpful is resolving with the vendor so I could participate.
Reviewed by: Ann B, July 2016
A small tour - 4 of us plus two knowledgable guides - which was good. The views were spectacular and the cycling fun - lots of down and a few ups to make you feel you are getting some exercise. A surprise add-on activity near the end which was delightful nothing to do with cycling. I thoroughly recommend this trip.