Experience the thrill of white water rafting on the Rangitaiki River. Rapids are mostly grade 3 with one grade 4 rapid. The trip consists of fun bouncy rapids running through a beautiful river valley featuring stunning views of native and plantation forest.
- Instant Confirmation
- All necessary equipment included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
The rapids require good team work from you but 15 - 20 minutes of training is given before the trip teaching all the required paddle and safety commands and practice is undertaken on flat water before launching into the rapids.
The trip is suitable for anyone who is physically active. There is around 15 minutes of flat water at about the mid point on the trip allowing time to relax, enjoy the scenery, chat with your guide and fellow rafters and even have a swim if you wish.You'll be provided with:
- Safety Helmets
- Polar Fleece Tops (weather dependent)
- Spray jackets (weather dependent)
- Wetsuit Booties
- Food and Drink
- Hot Shower
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hangar 14 S, Rotorua Airport, 837 Te Ngae, Rotorua
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Rangitaiki River White Water Rafting from Rotorua
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All necessary equipment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring swim wear and a towel
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Richard A, March 2016
We initially booked the grade 3/4 rafting tour but not enough people signed up. We decided to try the grade 5 rafting experience which was shorter but includes a 7 meter falls. Our guide was Cody and he did a great job guiding four people in their late 60's on a fun adventure. We all had a great time and would highly recommend the experience.
Reviewed by: Anonymous, May 2010