- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
Nearby Mount Vesuvius erupted on a summer's day here in the year 79AD, covering the town and its many inhabitants in thick layers of volcanic ash. Pompeii has been locked in a time capsule ever since, and the artefacts and buildings on display offer insight into life here almost 2,000 years ago. Today, Pompeii is widely considered to be one of the most impressive archaeological sites in the world — a vibrant, well-preserved and accessible destination offering a fascinating look back to an ancient Italian civilization.
Wander from mosaic to monument and temple to theater as you explore Pompeii independently, and marvel at the site’s strong sense of history. Admire the town’s ancient Forum and thermal baths, where Pompeii’s many residents would have played out their days before the eruption.
Stroll along Via degli Augustali, past the age-old limestone columns still standing, and perhaps pose for photographs in front of the centuries-old scenery. To help you navigate your way around, all paths begin and end with beautiful frescoes depicting scenes from daily life in ancient Pompeii.
Upgrade your tour to gain access to Pompeii’s fascinating excavations and enjoy a 2-hour tour in a group of no more than 25 people, with personalized attention from your guide.
In the mid-afternoon, hop back aboard your air-conditioned coach for the journey back to central Rome where your Rome to Pompeii independent day tour will come to an end.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
7:30am Standard Tour
Standard departure to Pompeii and Independent day trip
USD $55.73Pricing details
7:30am: Upgrade Tour
Pompeii and Independent day trip gaining access to the Pompeii excavations plus a 2-hour tour with an English-speaking guide
USD $88.96Pricing details
- Return shuttle service from Rome to Pompeii
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or mini bus for small groups
- English speaking hostess on board the shuttle
- Pompeii books on board for you to read and learn about the sites
- Entrance fee to the Pompeii excavations (if upgrade is selected)
- 2-hour walking tour of the Pompeii excavations (if upgrade is selected)
- All entrance fees
- Optional gratuity
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking.
- There is no toilet onboard the bus, however a 10 - 15 minute stop is made en route.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- It is not possible to stay overnight in Pompeii and return to Rome the following day as shuttle services do not run daily.
This tour requires a minimum number of 15 people to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided with an alternative date or receive a full refund.
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge
- Child prices are applicable for children aged 6 - 12 years
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: eunica, January 2017
highly recommend this tour!!
Reviewed by: Gloria1329, October 2016
This was a highlight of our 5 day trip to Rome. Claudia and Fabio were excellent guide/driver. The additional 2 hour guided tour with Brunella was also excellent!