- Hotel pickup included
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
First stop here is Hadrian’s Villa (Villa Adriana), the former holiday home of Emperor Hadrian – built in the 2nd century AD. More akin to a small village than a home in today’s sense of the word, the ostentatious villa ruins are incredible to visit, with ruins of thermal baths, temples, palaces and theaters just waiting to be explored. Head into the site with your guide, and learn about the emperor’s ancient travels – reportedly the inspiration for many of the monuments -- while walking around.
After your tour of Hadrian’s Villa, return to your coach and travel the short distance to Tivoli’s other showstopping villa – the magnificent Villa d’Este. Built in the heart of the Renaissance – around 1550 – for Cardinal Ippolito II d'Este, Tivoli’s governor, Villa d’Este was a contentious building that upset the local residents as they had to move to make way for it. Walk around the site with your guide, taking in the gardens and posing for photos in front of Bernini-designed fountains while leaning about the Cardinal and his lavish life in the villa.
Return to your coach and relax on the way back to Rome. Your tour then finishes back at the start point – either your hotel or near Rome Termini. Alternatively, you can make use of a drop-off at Via Veneto, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia or Piazza della Repubblica; simply let your guide know on the day.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Alternatively you can request hotel pick up ONLY for centrally located hotels (please contact the supplier for further info).
8:00am: Oct 1 - Mar 31
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
8:00am Departure in English
Tour departs at 8:00am between October 1 to March 31.
USD $71.33Pricing details
2:30pm Departure in English
Tour departs at 2:30pm between April 1 to September 30
USD $71.33Pricing details
©user photo 991624
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Entrance fees to Villa Adriana and Villa D'Este
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Susan P, January 2017
Beautiful villa and a wonderful break from hustle and bustle of Rome.
Reviewed by: Tamarys B, United States of America, January 2017
The entire tour was great! the tour guide very professional !! excellent tour from Rome...highly recommend this visit..