The graves of the famous dead include the American musician Jim Morrison, Irish author Oscar Wilde, and French writers Balzac and Proust. On your guided meander through this romantic labyrinth of stones, trees and paths, your guide will point out the famous graves and hidden eccentricities that make this famous cemetery so special.
Discover one of the greatest and most tragic love stories of all time - that of Heloise and Abelard, now buried side by side after long years of separation. As we pass Chopin’s tomb you can almost hear his best-known piece, the Funeral Dirge. We’ll also find the resting place of Molière, the famous French playwright.
Join us on this extraordinary tour of Paris Pere LaChaise and hear the stories of the great people buried in this very special cemetery.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pere LaChaise Paris
- Local guide in English
- Walking tour of Pere La Chaise cemetery
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note tour runs only in English
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Britta L, November 2016
My husband and I were lucky enough to be the only two people booked on this tour. It was fabulous, our guide was extremely good. I know this is a tour you can do yourself, but having someone show you the layout, take you to graves of notable interest and be able to answer your questions is a must - the place is vast and you could spend all day just looking for one grave - and still not find it!!!
Reviewed by: Natalia, November 2016