Explore Canada's capital from both land and water on this comprehensive two-hour hop-on-hop-off tour of Ottawa. Combining a bus tour of Ottawa's highlights and a choice of Ottawa River Cruise or Rideau Canal Cruise, for a complete tour experience there's no better way to see Ottawa.
You'll see all the sights on your Ottawa city tour, and learn about the history of the region from your bilingual tour guide. Plus you'll have fabulous views from aboard an open-top double-decker bus or historic trolley. The hop-on, hop-off tour runs in a continuous circle daily, from 10:00am until 3:00pm, officially starting on the corner of Sparks and Elgin Streets.
After your city tour you will have the choice of an Ottawa River Cruise or Rideau Canal Cruise:
- The 75-minute, fully narrated Ottawa River Cruise provides majestic views of Parliament Hill, Rideau Falls and 24 Sussex Drive, the Prime Minister's residence, which can only be seen from the riverbank.
- The 75-minute Rideau Canal Cruise along this world-famous artificial canal passes Dow's Lake, Commissioners Park and wonderful examples of Ottawa's world-renowned architecture.
This tour is seasonal, operating from May through to October.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Every hour from 10:00am to 3:00pm (additional 4:00pm departure may operate during busy periods)
Cruise departure location and times can be found on your Voucher post-checkout
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ottawa City Hop-on Hop-off Tour and Cruise
- Transport on an open-top Double Decker Bus or historic trolley
- Boat Cruise down either the Rideau Canal or the Ottawa River
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Admissions to attractions and sites
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. If you would like hotel pickup and drop-off, please contact the local supplier. Additional cost is $5 CAD.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: W R K, October 2016
This tour was exceptionally well done. Great overview of Ottawa area. Highly recommend it to first time visitors to Ottawa.
Reviewed by: Rita G, September 2016
Great overview of the city with historical facts and stops at all the points of interest. Take the Ottawa River cruise option as well - great photo ops!