- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Your afternoon tour of Kyoto highlights begins at Heian Shrine, which reflects the graceful elegance of life in the ancient Japanese court. Admire the brightly colored shrine with its vermilion pillars and green roof, along with enchanting inner gardens and ponds.
Next, travel by coach to the renowned Sanjusangendo Hall, Japan's longest wooden structure, which features 1,001 Bodhisattva statues that date back to the 13th century. Marvel at the 1,000-armed wooden statue of Kannon — the goddess of mercy — flanked on each side by 500 human-sized statues standing in rows. After approximately 30 minutes exploring this awe-inspiring sight with your guide, re-board the coach for Kiyomizu Temple.
A quaint old lane lined with pottery shops leads up to this famous temple, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Translated as Pure Water Temple, Kiyomizu was established amid wooded hills near the Otowa Waterfall in the 8th century. Enjoy sweeping views of the entire city of Kyoto, as well as surrounding cherry and maple trees, from its lofty terrace!
Your tour concludes with a guided journey on the JR rail back to Osaka Station, where you’ll make your own way back to your hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
12:20pm - Hilton Osaka Hotel
12:00pm - Swissôtel Nankai Osaka
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kiyomizu Temple and Cherry Blossom
- Hotel pickup (select Osaka hotels only)
- Transportation by Motorcoach and JR Rail from Osaka to Kyoto return
- Admission Fees
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- Chishaku Temple will be visited when Heian Jingu Shrine is closed to Jidai Festival on Octorber 22nd. If the festival is postponed, changes in the itinerary may also be postponed
- Public transportation will be used between Osaka and Kyoto Seating may not be available
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Michael D, December 2015
Very interesting took lots of photos thoroughly enjoyable tour guide Saiko very knowledgable and friendly.
Reviewed by: Susan V, April 2014
This tour was great. We saw two of the most amazing temples. Only complaint would be I would have liked a little more free time to look around the amazing market at the Kiyomizu Temple.