Experience the grandeur of New Orleans’ antebellum south on a half‐day tour of Oak Alley Plantation. Take a journey through time to the manicured estate and into the gorgeous home, built in 1839. View stunning architecture, oak‐lined esplanades, and enduring sugar cane fields while learning about the plantation’s fascinating – and often somber – histories from expert guides.
Experience a bygone era in one of the South's most beautiful settings - Oak Alley Plantation, built in 1839. Marvel at the unbelievable quarter-mile long alley of 28 magnificent Oak trees, each over 250 years old.
Perhaps the most photographed plantation ever, Oak Alley has been the setting for such motion pictures as "Interview with a Vampire", "Primary Colors" and the wedding of Bo and Hope from the daytime soap opera, "Days of our Lives".
Your guided Oak Valley Plantation tour will reveal the stories of the home and its history. View the Majestic Cypress Trees in Louisiana's swamps bordering the Mississippi River. You can purchase a snack, salad or sandwich in the Cafe and Ice Cream Parlor to enjoy at the picnic tables or aboard the coach (not included in price).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from the French Quarter
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Guided tour of plantation home
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Nyota F, February 2017
This was incredibly informative and the grounds are beautiful. Our guide was fantastic and shared great details about the families which lived on the plantation as well as traditions and customs those families followed. Make sure you bring your camera because the oaks are breathtaking. I highly recommend this.
Reviewed by: Alison B, Australia, January 2017
Great tour. We were guided around the plantation and told the history of the family who lived there. Then we were given time to buy some lunch and souvenirs, and look around the grounds on our own. Very enjoyable.