See mansions belonging to local author Anne Rice, actress Sandra Bullock, actor John Goodman, and former New Orleans Saints' quarterback — and father of Peyton and Eli — Archie Manning. Stop for an exclusive tour of a stately Garden District home built around the end of the American Civil War in 1865.
Admire an unusual cast-iron fence resembling a row of cornstalks and learn the legend of how a southern colonel had it made in the mid-1800s to comfort his homesick Iowan wife. You'll also see where Confederate leader Jefferson died at age 81 and stop to walk around Lafayette Cemetery, one of New Orleans' many above-ground cemeteries. Hear about how the high water table and frequent flooding in the city helped drive the creation of these 'cities of the dead' as you capture photos of the elaborate tombs and statuary.
Enjoy light refreshments at Magazine PoBoy Shop before heading back to the French Quarter by coach at the end of your 2.5-hour Garden District tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Garden District Mansion
- Transport to and from the Garden District by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Cemetery closed on some holidays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point — just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- The audio system may not be used during inclement weather
- Child rates apply to those under the age of 6 who occupy a seat. Lap children under 6 years ride for free
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: John Q, September 2016
This is probably the best way to see the Garden District. Our guide did an excellent job of explaining the history of the area and the architecture of the buildings. A nice benefit of this tour was being able to go into one of the houses, owned by the Opera Guild. That's the only way you get to se the interior of any of these homes. In addition, she pointed out several celebrity homes which is always interesting. The visit to the cemetery was only about 20 minutes but she provided a very good description of how the above ground burial system works. If we had tried to do thiis on our own we would have learned very little, so the tour was well worth the money and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to see the Garden District.
Reviewed by: Ozgo92, Australia, September 2016
Daniel our tour guide had so much knowledge, he was amazing. Showed us a totally different side from the French quarter. beautiful mansions and the stories behind them.