- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Step back in time on a history tour
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Royal Castle of Herrenchiemsee and Fraueninsel Day Tour from Munich
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Guided tour in Castle Herrenchiemsee (does NOT include entrance fee)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Boat ride (approximately EUR 10.00)
- Entrance to Castle Herrenchiemsee (approximately EUR 13.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Alison B, July 2016
A wonderful trip with a very knowledgeable and friendly guide. We were delighted to see the third Castle of the Mad King Ludwig or, as they called him in Munich - The Swan King. It was a wonderful copy of Verseilles and even though unfinished, the furnishings and glitter of the rooms viewed were astounding.
Fraueninsel was lovely and the church another gorgeous example of Medieva/Baroque architecture and furnishing.
Reviewed by: Alexandra K A, July 2016
Our tour guide was Franz and he was excellent. He was very knowledgeable about the history of Bavaria and Ludwig II, very informative about the history of the islands and the beautiful Herrenchiemsee castle. We had a delicious lunch on the Fraueninsel island and the ferry boat rides were great fun. We had a great time-highly recommended!