Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day Tour from Munich
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Rail Tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
This glorious folly was built in the 19th century by the famed "mad" King Ludwig II, a man intoxicated by myth and who himself became a legend. The shimmering white towers of the castle among the clouds are instantly recognizable to many and is the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle, and is also famous as the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Castle. To visit it is to step inside a fairy tale.
Your guide will tell the engaging story of King Ludwig's renowned and tragic reign, of his turbulent times, and of the obsession that drove him to build his fantasy castle in the mountains and ultimately destroyed him. Take an exclusive internal tour of the king's private chambers with a specialist castle guide.
Entrance fees to the Neuschwanstein Castle are not included. A supplement of 12 euros (per person) is payable direct. This guided tour includes advance booking so you can skip long lines and gain quick access to the Neuschwanstein Castle. Don't waste time waiting in lines on vacation!
The journey to Neuschwanstein takes approximately 2 hours by train. Germany's rail system is world renown and this journey to the Alps is no exception. Offering spectacular views, trains are clean, comfortable and equipped with washrooms. Feel free to walk around and chat to your fellow travellers as well as your guide, who can answer any questions about Munich and Bavaria.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departure at 0930
Tour departing at 9:30am
USD $46.99Pricing details
Departure at 1030
Tour departing at 10:30am
USD $46.99Pricing details
Neuschwanstein Castle Small Group Day Tour from Munich
- Train passes/tickets
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (approx. EUR 12 per adult, children under 18 years of age are free)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour involves an approx. 20-minute uphill walk. If you prefer not to walk uphill, an optional horse-drawn carriage will take you most (but not all) of the way to the top; please note that the optional horse-drawn carriage is weather dependent and also depends on the day.
- Until May 26, 2016 Mary's bridge at Neuschwanstein Castle will be closed to public
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Yvonne N, July 2016
Really good tour, save a lot of hassle with the transportation and getting of the entrance tickets to the castle. Sufficient time to see everything.
Reviewed by: David W, July 2016
Aidan was an excellent guide and was very knowledgeable as well as personable. The grounds and the Castle were impressive despite the challenging weather we encountered.