- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Due to the World War II bombings by the Royal Air Force, there is little evidence left of Hitler and the Nazi party's presence, however Eagle's Nest still stands.
From mid May to October, you will have the option to take a bus ride up the mountain to see Eagle's Nest for yourself. The last 390 feet (120 meters) of the trip is in a brass-clad elevator. During the winter months or during inclement weather when access to Eagle's Nest is restricted, you will instead visit the world famous Salt Mines. Wearing traditional mining gear you will descend into the depths of the mine where you can see glowing salt grottoes and a subterranean salt lake.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 7pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Berchtesgaden and Eagle's Nest Day Tour from Munich
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (approx 20 Euros)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In case of snow and ice, the Eagle's Nest will be closed and world famous Salt Mines will be visited instead
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Robert G, September 2016
The views, the history and our tour guide were 1st class.
Reviewed by: LPost1, September 2016
Thank you, Ursula!!! You are the best tour guide I have ever had!!