London in One Day Sightseeing Tour including Tower of London Entrance and Changing of the Guard
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Travel to Buckingham Palace, the official London residence of the Queen, and walk around in front of the gates to see the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony. Have your camera ready to capture the pomp and pageantry of the Queen’s Foot Guard as they march in their eye-catching red tunics and bearskin hats, and then travel by coach to a traditional London pub in Trafalgar Square.
Rest and refuel with a hearty lunch (own expense), and then continue your day of sightseeing with a visit to the City of London, an area just east of the city center where many of London’s banks can be found. Besides financial institutions like the Bank of England, the district is also home to iconic London attractions such as St Paul’s Cathedral and Mansion House. Look out for the sights as your guide explains their history.
Continue to the Tower of London, and head inside to explore at your leisure. The former prison and fortress, which looks out over the River Thames, was built to terrify potential invaders and Londoners alike. Steeped in centuries of murder and treason, the tower is fascinating to explore with its famous jet-black ravens and Beefeater guides. Should you wish, opt to join one of the complimentary Beefeater tours that run every 30 minutes and hear tragic tales of the royals and nobles who met their end within the tower’s walls.
Before your tour finishes, receive a ticket for a sightseeing cruise along the River Thames, from the Tower of London to Westminster Pier. The ticket can be used after your tour or on another day, up until March 31, 2016.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickup is available from selected London hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Changing of the Guard
- Hotel pickup
- Blue Badge guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Entrance fee to the Tower of London
- Thames River cruise
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays: there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and the tour will visit Tower Bridge Exhibition or Banqueting House instead
- Please note: St Paul's Cathedral is closed on the following dates: July 2, October 6,12 and November 12 2016- there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and longer time spent at the Tower of London and include a Thames River ticket
- Occasionally there may not be a Changing of the Guard. On these occasions you will visit Horse Guards Parade, built on the site of the jousting yard of the old Whitehall Palace
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Bernice S, July 2016
Thank you for making sure we didn't miss the hot spots of London. Wonderful view of the Changing of the Guard, explanation of the two cities of London and checking out St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tower of London. Icing on the cake was the boat ride down the Thames from the Tower to Big Ben!!!! So glad we did this on our first day!
Reviewed by: David W, July 2016
We had a great time the tour. We fit a lot into the day and really enjoyed the wit of the guide. We were rescheduled to this tour the day before because not enough signed up for the tour we scheduled originally. The rescheduling worked out well and we also got refunded some money. I recommend Viator to everyone.