Go for the combo: Travel to the Grand Canyon West Rim from Las Vegas by luxury Tour Trekker, fly in a helicopter to the bottom of the Canyon, cruise down the Colorado River, then spend time at the West Rim. It's one of the best ways to experience the Grand Canyon, as traveling by SUV ensures tour group numbers will be small and you'll enjoy a more personalized visit.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Lunch included
On your SUV/helicopter combo day trip you'll also visit Boulder City and travel over the new Hoover Dam bypass bridge. As you travel along Diamond Bar Road (Indian Hwy), you'll experience the beauty of the Joshua Tree Forest framed by the towering Grand Wash Cliffs as you approach the West Rim. The drive from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon is approximately 2.5 hours each way.
On the crest of the Grand Canyon, your helicopter awaits you for your seven-minute, 4,000-foot (1,200-meter) descent to the mighty Colorado River below. You'll then board a pontoon boat for a commentated boat ride down the Colorado River which lasts around 15 minutes.
Back at the top of the canyon once again, you will have approximately 3.5 hours to explore, using the complimentary shuttle service to Eagle Point, Guano Point and Hualapai Ranch.
- Visit Guano Point for fantastic views of the Colorado River
- Explore the Indian Village at Eagle Point to gain insights into Native American culture
- Take an optional stroll on the Grand Canyon Skywalk (not included, approximately US$30), the newest attraction on the West Rim, for amazingly unobstructed views over the canyon
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Las Vegas hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Grand Canyon West Rim Combo: Luxury SUV, Helicopter and Boat
- Round-trip luxury Tour Trekker transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 4,000-foot (1,200-meter) helicopter descent into the Grand Canyon
- 20-minute river boat trip
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Grand Canyon Skywalk (approx. US$33.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Multi-lingual guides are subject to availability
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 275lbs. will be required to pay $75.00 directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Here are some suggestions on what to take along to make your Skywalk experience truly memorable:
- A little patience! And maybe your iPod...waits in line of about 30 minutes are common
- Sunscreen and a hat. There is shade at the Skywalk, however elsewhere there is very little shade, and the sun can really burn out there
- Comfortable shoes and light clothing. Spring and summer are hot in the desert
- You cannot take your camera or any personal effects on the Skywalk. Be prepared to store your belongings in the lockers at the Skywalk.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jen, October 2016
Very knowledgeable tour guide!
Reviewed by: Michael S, August 2016
Amazing experience, cant speak more highly, the whole day was perfectly planned, had lots of time to see everything with no rushing at any time. Cant see any way this could of been improved on. The tour guide even dropped me off at a different hotel on the way back as I was due to see a show that evening. Worth every single penny, miss it and miss out!!!