If you're not into the early bird thing, try the late afternoon tour. You'll still enjoy the same low angled light for accentuation of the canyon's rugged terrain, only from the west rather than the east. Shadows and colors jump out with soft, brilliant greens, reds and purple highlights. In addition, the forbidden Island of Niihau is visible off to the west. Cold soft drinks, spring water and Kauai cookies will be served on the afternoon tour.
Comfortable helmets and safe operating procedures make for a ride that's safe and controlled, but still fun and exciting. You'll be riding through one of the most beautiful and interesting places on the planet, so of course, you'll stop along the way for photos and narrative on history, culture, folklore and legends. You'll get hands-on and identify native plants, birds and trees. You'll be able to quiz your guides about the best Kauai hiking trails located in Koke'e State Park and Waimea Canyon State Park while you're in the area. As well as having a fun ride in a beautiful place, you'll learn about what makes Kauai special!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Morning tour: 6:00am
- Afternoon tour: 2:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 6am
USD $112.50Pricing details
Departs at 2:30pm
USD $112.50Pricing details
Bicycle Downhill Canyon to Coast
- Cruiser bike and helmet
- Morning tour offers coffee and blueberry muffins
- Afternoon tour offers Kauai cookies
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 13 passengers per tour
- Refreshments: Cold spring water and juices. Morning tour includes coffee and blueberry muffins. Afternoon tour includes Kauai Cookies
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and protective eyewear (sunglasses or prescription glasses)
- Sweatshirt or windbreaker for cool weather, sunscreen, hat and camera
- Must pass basic bike test
- Weight limit is 250 lbs.
- Minimum age is 12 years
Reviewed by: John G, October 2016
Ryan and Dee ROCK!!! Okay, so you know its an easy ride downhill on a cruiser bike. But if you want to really see the canyon and you do, on this tour, someone else drives you to the top at sun rise and you get the 360 view you want riding down on the bike. But even better, Ryan keeps you entertained the entire trip while at the same time giving you an excellent flavor of Kauai history and culture with timely tip ins by Dee. Then Dee after a brief trial period reorganizes the group, allowing the more experienced riders to the front. Then the last few miles, she lets those with the need for speed actually to the descent! Exhilarating and Awesome. A to Ryan and Dee!!
Reviewed by: Amanda W, April 2016
Our family had a great time doing this. The guides were incredibly knowledgeable about the towns we passed on the way up, the flora and fauna, as well as the history of the area. The canyon is gorgeous. I would recommend this to anyone comfortable on a bike. It's all downhill. Practically no pedaling at all and the views are beautiful.