- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Traveling along the Kidron Valley you will pass the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed prior to his Crucifixion, before continuing to the walls of the Old City. From here, take a short drive to Mount Zion to visit the tomb of King David – the second King of Israel, famed for the David and Goliath battle. Close to his tomb is the Hall of the Last Supper, where Jesus shared the Last Supper with his disciples.
Enter the Jewish quarter via the Zion Gate (David’s Gate) and explore the four Sephardic synagogues from the 16th century, which have been restored to their former grandeur. Envisage how the wealthy Jerusalemites lived it up over 2000 years ago at the excavated Herodian Mansions. Once occupied by the rich, Jewish Temple priests and their families, these former luxury mansions were built on terraces (one of top of the other) so that each one had an unrestricted view of the temple.
Just south of the Old City, your day trip will head over to the narrow ridge running down from the Temple Mount. This hilltop ridge is the area of Jerusalem known as the City of David, captured by King David over three thousand years ago. Above ground, the City of David is a vibrant hive of activity, but it is underground where recent excavations reveal the most exciting archeological finds of the ancient world. Here you can sense the geographical significance of this striking ancient city before returning back.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Dan Hotel 08:45am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
City of David and Underground Jerusalem Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Steven F, February 2016
The day was quite cold and rainy--42 F--but the way it was handled by our guide, Gil, was truly outstanding. He is an excellent guide with great knowledge and sophisticated understanding of what he is showing. I would recommend him for just about any possible tour in Israel.
Reviewed by: Portia S, February 2016
This tour was a pleasant surprise our guide was quite knowledgeable about the excavations and discovery of this under city.