Izmir's Ancient Agora was once a bustling Roman bazaar and today you can still see Colonnades of Corinthian columns, vaulted chambers and a reconstructed arch making it one of the best preserved Agoras in the world.
The ruins of Alexander the Great's Castle, Kadifekale (meaning "the velvet castle" in Turkish), sits atop a hill overlooking the city below.
Visit the Archaeology Museum containing many Greek and Roman artifacts. Be sure to take a look at the head of a gigantic statue of Domitian that once stood at Ephesus.
This old stone building houses colorful displays of local arts and crafts and you can learn about pottery, embroidery wood-block printing. You can even see how they make those little blue and white 'evil eye' beads, a craft dating back hundreds of years.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Izmir Clock tower, Turkey
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
Wander through Ancient Agora
Visit the ruins of Alexander the Great's Castle
Explore the Archeological Museum home to many Greek and Roman artifacts and Ethnographic Museum displaying local arts and crafts
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: David Z, July 2016
Had a great guide and driver. Were able to see all the highlights of this city from the ruins to the castle to the bazaar. A great way to spend a half day.
Reviewed by: michael g, November 2015
fantastic despite the rain and bad weather---our guide was terrific