- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Continue to the fantastic medieval stronghold of Doune Castle. Built for the Duke of Albany more than 600 years ago, the castle is still in remarkable condition. You may recognize it from the famous film Monty Python and The Holy Grail or the more recent Outlander TV series, based on the books by Diana Gabaldon.
Leave the rolling farmlands behind and venture into the wild forests and dramatic mountains of the Scottish Highlands. Hear the story of the ‘Scottish Robin Hood’ in the Braes of Balquhidder, the final resting place of Highland outlaw Rob Roy MacGregor. Wind your way through the Breadalbane mountains, stopping for lunch (own expense), and arrive at the magnificent ruins of Kilchurn Castle perched on Loch Awe.
Continuing through Campbell country, visit the picturesque town of Inveraray on the shores of Loch Fyne, where you can visit 18th-century Inveraray Castle (Open from April to October only ), home of the Duke of Argyll.
Trek up the steep Arrochar Alps to a fantastic viewpoint called 'Rest and Be Thankful,’ and learn the meaning behind the name from your guide. From here, skirt around Loch Long and down to Loch Lomond, Scotland's largest lake. Pause in the village of Luss for stunning views across the water.
Return to Edinburgh in the evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Inverary Castle, Scotland
- Professional guide
- Transport by luxury 16-passenger Mercedes van
- Discount card offering for local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks; it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear, and prepare for rain
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
- Please note that Inveraray Castle is open from April to October only
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Roberto F, August 2016
Excellent. Good itinerary. Our guide was fabulous.
Reviewed by: tricia, August 2016
Jan was awesome!! Nothing more to say about him, trip was fabulous, well worth it. Took beautiful pictures, lifetime of memories.