On arrival at the village of Rathdrum, you'll join the coach for a journey through the Vale of Avoca. In the lovely village of Avoca (where the BBC series Ballykissangel was filmed) you can see famous Avoca wool-weavers at work and spend time at leisure.
Continue to the ancient monastic settlement at stunning Glendalough before rejoining the train for the scenic return journey to Dublin Connolly Station, conveniently arriving in the late afternoon.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Wicklow Mountains, Avoca and Glendalough Rail Tour from Dublin
- Host on trains
- Information pack
- Reserved seats on trains
- Qualified driver-guide on coaches
- All travel by rail and coach from Dublin
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For infants 4 years and under, a fee of 5 euros per day is payable direct
- This tour offers stops en route for photographs, shopping, etc
- Due to operational reasons it may, on occasion, be necessary to alter certain itineraries
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Glenn L, September 2016
A wonderful experience. Our guide was friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Even when public transportation through us a curve he was calm and efficiently rerouted the tour group. The tour itself was amazing. We're big fans of Ballykissangel and it was a treat to see Avoca and have lunch in Fitzgerald's Pub. We highly recommend this tour.
Reviewed by: Barbara, September 2016
Lovely tour guide who was very knowledgeable and friendly. Train trip was comfortable and pleasant. Beautiful scenery.