Come and explore this sacred paradise in the heart of the Riviera Maya. See how much you can pack into one day when you visit the botanical garden, aviary, aquarium, stables, butterfly farm and Mayan ruins at this spectacular eco park. You can also swim in the lagoon, snorkel and ride the underground rivers.
A sacred paradise is in the heart of the Riviera Maya, Xcaret (pronounced eesh-carette) is one of the loveliest and most unusual venues in the area. It is said that this was the ancient port of Pole and that the Maya used to come here to bathe in its waters to purify their minds and bodies before sailing to the nearby island of Cozumel to worship the goddess of fertility, Ixchel.
Mans ingenuity combined with natures splendor has formed a very interesting park with a variety of attractions. The park has focused on the area's natural flora, fauna and landscape and used these to create a mini-wonderland. There are some small Maya ruins, a botanical garden, aviary, aquarium, stables and butterfly farm. There is an exhibition with scale models of all the major archaeological sites of the Yucatan.
There is also an inlet with clear waters for snorkeling, a lagoon for swimming and a beach for relaxing either in the sun or in the shade of the palapas. Or perhaps you would prefer a siesta in a hammock? But the most unique feature of Xcaret is its underground river, which passes through caverns and underground channels, put on a life vest and let the current take you slowly and safely along while you marvel at the beauty of nature.
You'll return at 6:00pm, unless you wish to stay for the magical night show, where you'll see the story of the Mayan come to life! If you wish to stay on, please advise your tour guide a the beginning of the tour.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from the Main Pier, Cozumel. You will meet your guide upon arrival at the pier in Playa del Carmen
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Xcaret from Cozumel
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance to the park
- Evening Show (if you wish to stay longer)
- Round-trip transport from Playa del Carmen ferry station
- Gratuities (optional)
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Ferry ticket not included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please Note: Only biodegradable sunscreen may be worn
- Child prices are applicable for children under a certain height.
- If a child is 40 inches (1 meter) or shorter, he / she is admitted free of charge.
- If a child is between 40 and 55 inches (1 and 1.4 meters), the child rate will apply.
- All children 55 inches and taller must pay the adult rate.
- Note: Ferry tickets from Cozumel to the pier in Playa del Carmen and back are not included. Once you reach the Playa del Carmen ferry station, you will be greeted by a representative to board the van to Tulum
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: earlybird58, United States of America, November 2015
Xcaret is a great property but after you pay a big fee just to enter, then you have to pay xtra for everything you do there. Be prepared to pay 30 per person, just for a buffet meal..The free show at the end made it worthwhile..