- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Dinner included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
From there, head into Hawaii Volcanoes National Park via the Crater Rim Drive. The park, which is both a World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Preserve, is filled with must-see spots such as the active Kilauea. Throughout the afternoon, your guide leads your group on moderate 1.5-mile (2 km) hikes, with breaks in between, along mostly flat trails; if need be, you can use provided walking sticks in areas with uneven or muddy terrain. Since Pele (the fire goddess said to live here) is unpredictable, it’s not guaranteed that you get to see lava flowing firsthand on this hike, but your guide will do their best to take you to prime viewing spots if the conditions are safe.
When Kilauea isn't erupting, you actually get to walk the summit caldera, peer down steam vents, and marvel at the cinder fields. Such dramatic displays aren't the only natural wonders of the park. You'll also explore trails carved into a native rain forest before you head to a spot where you'll get to see active lava glowing at twilight.
Your Big Island volcano tour includes a delicious picnic style dinner.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 10:20am; Jan 13 to Feb 15 and Sep 14 to Oct 10
USD $200.00Pricing details
Volcano National Park Small Group Twilight Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Walking sticks and flashlights
- Rainwear and daypacks
- Bottled Water
- Hot cocoa and cookies
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour has a maximum of 12 passengers per van
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- Guests should be prepared to walk short distances of 0.5 to 1.5 miles on uneven and rocky terrain
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Y, December 2016
Remarkable, well planned and well executed excursion. Not only did Justin make the long trip enjoyable, he even managed to wonderfully balance the weather, schedule, and a hungry group of travelers.
Our itinerary included Volcano NP and surrounding areas, with pick ups from the Kona side of the island. Yes, it was a long day, but full with memories!
Reviewed by: YIMIN X, December 2016
Mark's the tour guide passion about the island, wildlife, Hawaiian culture and volcanoes is infectious. He is a wealth of knowledge which can rival any wikipedia page on the topic. Even though the weather was a cloudy and rainy at times, Mark's enthusiasm over the 12 hour tour never waned. He is a national treasure.