Combine two amazing Big Island experiences with this submarine adventure and snorkel cruise in Kona. On your submarine tour, discover Hawaii's tropical underwater world from a unique perspective and admire magnificent coral reefs. Afterward, hop on a boat and cruise out on the open waters. Spot dolphins with the help of your guide and hop in the water for some snorkeling!
Meet at the Big Island's Kailua-Kona Pier and board the 48-passenger Atlantis -- featured in National Geographic television specials! -- to begin your submarine portion of your tour.
As you explore Hawaii's tropical underwater world, you'll learn how the Big Island got its start 18,000 years ago -- when lava flowed into the ocean and created one of the most magnificent coral reefs found anywhere in the Hawaiian Islands.
During your unforgettable 35-minute journey, spot colorful fish of all sizes teeming around a huge coral reef.
After your submarine experience, you'll board a different boat for a relaxing cruise. Your onboard guide will help you spot dolphins along the way. Hop in the water for some fun snorkeling to get up close to friendly sea creatures.
Please note: This tour is seasonal and operates from April to mid-December, subject to the whale migration schedule. See Additional Info for details on how to book these two tours.
Dolphin snorkel includes: Continental breakfast buffet, BBQ lunch featuring Big Island hormone free, grass fed beef burgers (or Chipotle Black Bean for vegetarians) snacks, sodas, juices, Rx masks, snorkel gear, snorkeling instruction, 2.5 hours water time, flotation & water toys, 20' water slide, fresh water shower, no host premium bar, his and hers restrooms and plenty of shade.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Alii Drive across from Kailua-Kona Pier
Snorkel Dolphin Cruise: 2pm - 5pm, Mon and Fri only
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am with an 8:30am check-in
USD $243.26Pricing details
Departs at 8am with a 7:30am check-in
USD $243.26Pricing details
Atlantis Kona Submarine:
- Sightseeing shuttle to submarine dive site
- Live narration from onboard guide; audio narration is also available in Japanese
- Harbor fee and Hawaii General Excise Tax
- All snorkeling equipment
- All taxes and fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During booking, select your desired date for the submarine tour and confirm its availability. At checkout, in the special requirements field, please insert your desired date for the snorkel cruise. You may book your snorkel cruise within 7 days of your submarine tour, and the snorkel cruise is only available on Mondays and Fridays. Book the 10am submarine tour if you wish to do both adventures on the same day.
- All tours are in English. Headsets providing narration in Japanese are available upon request.
- Children must be at least 36 inches (91 cm) tall to ride the submarine
- Passengers must be capable of ascending and descending a near vertical ladder to board the submarine
- Tour operator reserves the right to substitute vessels, routes and destinations based on vessel operations, weather and sea conditions without notice
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: XuanKun Z, January 2013
Friendly cruise members and nice views
Reviewed by: jimmie f, July 2012
I need to go back 7 days not long enough.AWSOME TIME