- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
What are an idyllic Russian village, beautiful towers and churches from the Italian Renaissance, and an 18th century Dutch town doing here? But the cruel realities of 20th century history shattered this world in 1945; we explain how the old city palace was destroyed at the end of the war. See where an American president, a Soviet dictator and a British prime minister sealed the fate of Germany and Europe, ushering in the Cold War. Cross the "spy swap" bridge where Gary Powers was traded in 1962; find out where the KGB Prison was in the so-called Forbidden Town, and see the former Stasi Prison, run by the East German secret police.
The walking tour ends back in the 18th century. Finish in the enchanting surroundings of Sanssouci Park and Palace, created by Frederick the Great and named 'Without a Care!'.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Discover Potsdam Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Berlin city map with public transport and Berlin museums and nightlife tips!
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Berlin Transport ABC Zone Day Pass (approx 7.60 Euros) that is available from your guide on the day
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: John H, September 2016
Guide was very knowledgeable and it was fun seeing Potsdam from a pedestrian perspective.
Reviewed by: Vicky H, August 2016
Fantastic tour! Very interesting and guide Walter was very informative. Highly recommend this tour!