- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
When you arrive, board a long-tail boat with your guide to explore the busy, colorful market where vendors sell fruits, vegetables, flowers and sweets right from their canoes. This is one of the most famous floating markets in Thailand, and it can be crowded, but if you wish to get off the beaten waterways, you can rent another boat to take you through the smaller, often more peaceful canals (time permitting; own expense).
Once you’re back on dry land, you’ll be driven to the Sampran Riverside Thai Village, a resort-style attraction 20 miles (32 km) west of Bangkok. Enjoy lunch at the garden’s restaurant, and then spend the rest of your tour immersed in Thai culture.
At the traditional village within the resort, see Thai villagers make handicrafts and demonstrate other skills such as weaving silk, making pottery, painting umbrellas, weaving mats, carving fruit, pounding rice, making masks and dolls, and crafting silver and lacquerware. See authentic Thai period costumes, different styles of native architecture and antiques from around the country. You can also watch displays of cultural activities like Muay Thai boxing, sword fighting, dancing, a wedding ceremony and an elephant show.
When your time at the Rose Garden is up, you’ll be returned to your hotel in Bangkok, where your tour ends.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Note: Pickup and drop-off is NOT available from the following hotels:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Tour: Floating Markets and Rose Garden Cultural Center Day Trip from Bangkok
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private local guide
- River cruise to the floating market
- Entrance to Sampran Riverside Thai Village
- Gratuities (optional)
- Optional 2nd boat ride at the floating market
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking; failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Stephen B, USA, August 2008
We were never rushed and treated extremely well. We were very informed and given personal attention and even cold packs for our necks to cool down. (The heat can get to you.) The car ride to the Rose Garden takes a little while but is worth it. We rode in nice, clean and comfortable air-conditioned sedans. The gardens are beautiful and lunch, elephant ride and show were wonderful, too. We really got our money's worth!
Reviewed by: macook72, July 2016
Great tour, lots of history which was very interesting. Floating markets was fun and crazy. A lot of driving involved for the day but we had an awesome time with our guide and driver.