Thailand is predominantly a Buddhist country with around 95% of Thai's practicing the Theravada discipline of Buddhism. As you wander the streets of Bangkok it is not unusual to see monks adorned in their maroon and yellow colors walking along the road and it should come as no surprise as Thailand has over 26,000 Wat's (the local name for temple).
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
On this privately guided half-day tour you will visit three of the most famous wat's in Bangkok - Wat Traimit, Wat Pho and Wat Benchamabophit. A Wat is a Buddhist building where both men and women can be ordained as monks or nuns.
Wat Traimit is also known as the temple of the Golden Buddha. The 3 meter tall statue is made from solid gold and weighs 5.5 tons and is a fine example of Sukhothai style art.
You will then pass through Chinatown on your way to Wat Pho, the temple of the reclining Buddha. At 46 meters in length and 15 meters high the Buddha is the largest in Bangkok and illustrates the passing of the Buddha into nirvana.
Your last tour stop is at Wat Benchamabophit, or the marble temple. This magnificent monastery was built out of white Italian marble from Carrara in the late 19th century.
Your tour will conclude at the Gems Gallery.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- Additional selected areas
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Private Bangkok Temples Tour including the reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
USD $36.01Pricing details
Afternoon Private Bangkok Temples Tour including the reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
USD $36.01Pricing details
Private Tour: Bangkok Temples including reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Beverly A, February 2017
With only one day in Bangkok, this tour was wonderful. Ms Pearl picked us at hotel right on time. She was very knowledgeable about the history of Thailand and the three Temples we visited. Well worth the money.....
Reviewed by: john, United Kingdom, January 2017
guide was absoloutely fantastic ,great trip