This relaxed afternoon 2.5-hour Bangkok cruise will allow you to observe Thai people going about their everyday business in the 'The Venice of the East'.
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free snacks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You'll be picked up from your centrally located Bangkok hotel and travel by long-tail cruise along the Bangkok canals. Travel through exotic flora and picturesque canal houses, before joining a converted rice barge cruise on the Chao Phraya river. All you need to do on this tour is sit back, relax and take in the amazing Thai scenery. Soft drinks and local fruits will be served on-board.
The rivers and canals around Bangkok serve as a natural highway for many local Thai people going about their everyday business. The people of Bangkok still depend on the waterways to transport their merchandise, in particular rice, as the canals are linked to the rice fields.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departs from your Bangkok city hotel (select hotels only)
Depending on the number of people on this coach tour, you may be transferred from your hotel to a central departure point to begin your tour.
Hotel pickup and drop off is NOT available from the following hotels:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Bangkok Rice Barge Afternoon Cruise
- River cruise by long tail boat
- Scenic Rice Barge cruise
- Local fruit and soft drink on the Rice Barge cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: t_george75, August 2016
Was marvelous! must do in Bangkok!
Reviewed by: Jeanette R, May 2016
Excellent value for money. A relaxing way to begin to get to know Bangkok. The rice barge was very attractively set up, the staff excellent and the beautifully presented tropical fruits and delicious Mai Tai drinks were great!