- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
Your driver points out highlights of the region including the historically significant Rangiriri, where a major battle was fought between British and Maori forces in 1863 as part of the British effort to colonize the Waikato region.
When you arrive at the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, a local guide takes you on a 45-minute guided tour through the limestone caves. Walk through subterranean caverns where you see stalagmites, stalactites and other rock formations. Learn how the caves were formed as you take in the magnificent underground chambers. Your tour finishes with a short boat ride through Glowworm Grotto, where thousands of glowworms light up the darkness like tiny stars. Each strand that dangles from the rock is a living glow worm that emits light.
After your tour enjoy a buffet lunch (if option selected) or spend time in the visitor center before returning to Auckland in the afternoon. There is a café on-site with a limited menu if you would like to purchase lunch there.
At the designated time, meet your coach for the return trip to Auckland, where you are returned to your starting point in the afternoon.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Sky City Bus Terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
USD $181.64Pricing details
Tour including Lunch
Tour including lunch
USD $205.36Pricing details
Waitomo Glowworm Caves Discovery Tour from Auckland
- Walking tour
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Bonnie S, United States of America, July 2016
Such a great trip! The bus ride to Waitomo is very scenic. Loved the glowworm caves--the glowworms are so cool!
Reviewed by: Lenleb47, United States of America, November 2015