There are two sailing options available - choose to join a two hour sailing experience or a three hour match race (begins October).
- Individual 2 hour Sailing Experience: An unforgettable two hour sailing experience. A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America's Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
- Individual 3 hour Match Racing: For the ultimate thrill join the crew and participate match racing America's Cup style. Your three hour experience begins in the Viaduct Harbour where you will meet the crew and go through a short race and safety briefing. The yachts then depart the Viaduct Harbour and after a period of practice, the action really starts, when we line up in the pre-start and compete head to head. Sailings subject to weather and minimum numbers apply. No experience necessary.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
11am or 2pm November - March
1pm April - October
Exact departure time will be advised at confirmation
3 Hour Match Race:
2pm Saturday's only November - March
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2-Hour Sailing at 11am
2-hour sailing departing at 11am from November to March
2-Hour Sailing at 1pm
2-hour sailing departing at 1pm from April to October
2-Hour Sailing at 2pm
2-hour sailing departing at 2pm from November to March
America's Cup Sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour
- Sail on an authentic America's Yacht
- Use of wet weather jackets and sunscreen
- All safety equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Sailing is subject to weather conditions, please dress appropriately Flat shoes such as sneakers or boat shoes are best
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Nancy S, June 2016
This was an awesome tour of Auckland's harbor. We married on Piha beach on Saturday and I gave my husband this America's Cup Sailing tour as a wedding gift. He has always been a fan of the America's Cup races and was so excited to be able to experience the sailboat adventure. Just seeing the smile on his face was worth a million!
Reviewed by: David A, April 2016
they did not go because it was too Windy. For crying our loud it is an America's Cup Sailboat that works with the wind. It cannot be too windy for this boat.