- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Start your walking tour in the Schöneberg area and visit Eldorado, one of Berlin’s oldest and most famous trans* bars that once featured regular performances of Marlene Dietrich.
Find out how openly gay and transgendered people found assistance from the sexologist Magnus Hirschfeld, whose Institute for Sexual Science was shut down in during World War II in 1933 and its library destroyed during the Nazi book burning. Then, visit the Memorial to Homosexuals Persecuted Under Nazism.
Continue your tour walking through the Tiergarten, the city’s best-known gay meeting spot hidden behind the Berlin Wall. Find out how LGBTQ figures have shaped the history of Berlin from the Prussian King Friedrich the Great to today’s openly gay Mayor Klaus Wowereit.
Finish your walking tour with a tour of the Gay Museum* (Schwules Museum*) in the vibrant district of Kreuzberg, considered one of the world's first gay museums.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Walking Tour of Berlin's Gay and Lesbian Scene
- Professional guide
- City map, including information regarding public transport
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to the Gay Museum
- Berlin Transport AB Zone ticket (approx.7.00 Euros for day pass) that is available from your guide on the day
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jeff, November 2016
We met with our guide and she took us on an amazing journey through the history of acceptance and tolerance of Berlin. The good and the bad of a history filled with amazing moments for us all to learn from.
This tour is a must for any and all LGBTQ people. Our history is important to know where and from whence we came. with out history we will forget to Keep our vigilance!!
Reviewed by: Krisane, August 2014
Great and interesting tour. Lorna was the perfect guide.