It's fun for the whole family on this half day combination tour on Phuket island. Admire the unspoiled scenery from the back of an elephant and canoe the calm surrounding waters. Ride a local farmer's cart and inhale fragrant aromas at a Thai cooking demonstration. You'll be amazed and entertained - there's something for everyone!
- Instant Confirmation
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Buffet lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You'll be picked up from your Phuket hotel and travel by four wheel drive into Chalong highlands to Chalong. Arrive at Siam Safari elephant camp on the top of a mountain. Meet Siam Safari's elephants and learn about them and their carers, the mahouts. Also learn about Thai elephant conservation and how you can help. See how young elephants are trained, you can even touch them and feed them bananas. This elephant camp is the only one in southern Thailand to have attained the Thai government standard award. Take a trek on an elephant's back in the Chalong highlands with good views over Chalong bay and out to Phi Phi island.
Later see how Thai jungle curry is made and try some if you dare. See how rubber trees are tapped to produce natural rubber latex and how coconuts are processed to make coconut milk and oil. Learn all about buffaloes and take a ride on a buffalo pulled wooden cart.
The tour ends with a delicious buffet lunch prepared with fresh ingredients and with a selection of Thai dishes that are not too spicy. Return to your hotel after an active, educational and rewarding adventure.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from select centrally located Phuket Town hotels and JW Mariott Hotel (if Maikhao pickup option selected). Pickups from outside of these regions may incur additional charges.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Returns to original departure point at approximately 1:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
USD $81.00Pricing details
PHUKET HALF-DAY SAFARI TOUR
- Elephant ride
- Thai cooking demonstration
- Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- Pickup is available from Patong Pier and Deep Sea Pier
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: LILIANA M V, October 2016
It was an amazing experience. Organisation and service was great. It was a wonderful experience. Totally recommended if you like animals and nature.
Reviewed by: Anthony M, September 2016
We just did an 8 day trip in Thailand is this was one of the best days of the vacation. Highly recommend.