For the truly adventurous! Approximately 37 miles north of Chiang Mai, situated on the banks of the Ping River, is Chiang Dao Elephant Camp. In an unspoiled setting, marvel at the worlds largest land animal, performing amazing feats of strength and skill, at the command of their 'mahouts'.
- Instant Confirmation
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Then follow an exhilarating elephant trek through the neighboring jungle, past bamboo trees and hanging creepers, upwards toward a remote Lisu hilltribe village. The Lisu hilltribe people originated in Tibet and their villages are usually located in the mountains around 3280 feet. Local lunch is provided. After lunch, you will enjoy a thrilling river rafting adventure down the Ping River.
On return to Chiang Mai, the journey continues by road to an Orchid Farm at Mae Sa. There is ample time to stroll around this scenic area where a picturesque forest waterfall can also be found.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Tour departs from Chiang Mai Town Area hotels and Four Seasons Hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Chiang Mai Town Departure
Departs from hotels in Chiang Mai town area
USD $82.29Pricing details
Four Seasons Hotel Departure
Departs from Four Seasons
USD $102.27Pricing details
Chiang Dao Elephant Jungle Trek and Ping River Rafting Tour including Lunch
- Elephant trek
- River rafting
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Itinerary may be subject to change
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Paul J, August 2016
The tour was awesome, much more than expected! Great value, customer service and experience! I expected the elephant ride to be short but it was quite the opposite. Nice long ride to hill tribe village and back. The elephant show was awesome as well as lunch and stops to see rice spaghetti productio
Reviewed by: Sandra W, July 2016
Well organized and very enjoyable.