Book and travel by December 29 and save 10% off our previously offered price!
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Entering the 11th-century city walls encircling Avila, notice how the 90 fortified towers and circular turrets look like they’ve stepped out of a storybook, and hear how Avila is an important pilgrimage site as the birthplace of the mystic writer Saint Teresa of Jesus (1515–82). Then explore two of the best examples from the astounding array of Romanesque and Gothic churches in Avila, packed with one of the highest concentrations of Romanesque and Gothic churches in Spain.
Your guided visit to Avila’s churches takes you to San Vicente Basilica, a Gothic masterpiece and home to some of Spain’s most prized examples of Romanesque sculpture. Then see how Gothic and Romanesque architecture combine in Avila’s celebrated cathedral, with its fortress design and alabaster chapels and tombs.
Continue your Segovia day trip to see one of the finest Roman-era monuments in Spain -- Segovia's Roman aqueduct. Admire the scale of this incredible feat of engineering, built entirely without mortar during the reign of Augustus in the 1st century AD, and see how the aqueduct originally had 118 arches and was 10 miles (16 kilometers) long.
Your guided tour of Segovia also takes you to the famous Alcazar, a beautiful 11th-century medieval fort that inspired the design of Disney’s fairytale castle. One of the finest Moorish fortresses in Spain, it’s also at the heart of one of the most significant group of medieval buildings in the country. Step back in time and imagine the medieval tournaments that once took place here, and the heroic knights who fought in the court of the kings of Castile who ruled from Segovia.
Complete your Segovia guided visit with a look at the city’s impressive cathedral, the last Gothic cathedral built in Spain and known as ‘the Lady of the Cathedrals’.
On this day trip to Segovia you have the option of including a tourist-style lunch of stuffed veal or a superb gastronomic meal featuring local Segovian specialties such as roasted suckling pig.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour only in English
Avila and Segovia Day Trip from Madrid with Bilingual-speaking guide
USD $78.74Pricing details
Tour & Tourist Lunch English
Avila and Segovia Day Trip from Madrid including Tourist Lunch with Bilingual-speaking guide
USD $94.49Pricing details
Tour & Segovian Lunch English
Avila and Segovia Day Trip from Madrid including Segovian Lunch with Bilingual-speaking guide
USD $104.33Pricing details
Avila and Segovia
- Avila visit and entrance fee to Basilica of San Vincente
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Segovia visit and entrance fee to the Alcazar, with its Artillery Museum and Church of Vera Cruz
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible and is not suitable for those with limited mobility
- If the Cathedral in Avila is being used for exhibitions or other events, it may affect the normal flow of your visit. In this case, another monuments in Avila will be visited instead.
- Infants aged 5 years and under, are free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- La Granja white beans
- Beef cooked 'Segovian style'
- La Granja white beans
- Roasted baby pig
- Segovian cake
- Mineral water, wine and coffee
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Catherine Y, November 2016
This was truly an amazing tour! We went towards the beginning of October and wanted to get outside of Madrid. I found the amount of time in the van just fine, and the time at both Avila and Segovia a little rushed but expected. I just loved both cities and our tour guide was so great at answering questions and maneuvering us around the cities. I also liked that for people who may not be able to keep up with the group, she offered a meet up place and time.
Reviewed by: Robert H, November 2016
Very interesting historical towns