- All-inclusive tour
- Excellent value for money
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
The Cinque Terre takes its name from the five picturesque fishing villages of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Each town has a distinct character, but all share alleys, arches and steep stone steps, best explored on foot. An idyllic snapshot of old-world Italy, the villages are surrounded by sunny beaches, narrow lanes lined with shops and stalls, brightly colored fishing boats, seaside promenades and sleepy piazzas.
The ancient trails are rough but manageable. Be prepared for the hiking – although the path is open to everyone, remember that the ground can be slippery, uneven, and in places steep and narrow. The charm of the area is that it is natural and unspoilt, so do not expect hand rails or safety rails when steps are steep or when the path is close to the edge.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from Florence
- Local guide
- 40-minute boat ride (weather permitting)
- Rail travel between villages, where necessary
- Transport by air-conditioned coachnch)
- Entry into Cinque Terre National Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Suitable walking shoes required – no flip-flops. Suggestions: walking boots or sneakers, closed toe shoes with non-slip soles.
- If you want to swim during free time, please remember to bring your own towel and swimwear.
- On rare occasions the boat ride will stop operating due to bad weather or strong winds. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- A large amount of walking is involved. You must be of average fitness and be able to keep up with the rest of the group.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties, below average fitness, or young children.
- Minimum age is 12 years.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Selle W, February 2017
Love and so glad we did this tour!
Reviewed by: nathan, February 2017
This trip allowed us to visit the beautiful villages of the Cinque Terre in one day. In order to accomplish this, the pace is brisk and time to explore each village is limited. Our tour guides were extremely knowledgeable and shared interesting information throughout the day. The setting for our lunch at Corneglia was delightful. However, you will need to navigate 382 steps from the train station to get to the village and restaurant. From there, we embarked on the hike to Vernazza. The terrain on the trail is rough and rocky at times, with some steep inclines. But the views are spectacular! Be sure to stop for a lemon icee at the cafe half-way through the hike. You'll need it! If you aren't up to hiking, you can ride the train. In the late afternoon, we relaxed with a bottle of wine and enjoyed incredible views of the Italian coastline as we journeyed by boat from Monterossa Al Mare to Riomaggiore before boarding our bus back to Florence. It's a long day and you will get a good workout with the stairs at Corneglia and the hike. But hey, you just experienced the incredible Cinque Terre!