- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
Leaving Stirling, you'll travel past Doune Castle, Callander and into the Trossachs, an area popularized by authors such as Sir Walter Scott and Daniel Defoe. This is also the territory of Rob Roy MacGregor, Scotland's Robin Hood. The tour stops for a leisurely lunch (own expense) in the village of Aberfoyle.
After lunch you ‘take the high road’ or back-road to Loch Lomond, Scotland’s largest lochs at over 22 miles long, your will travel through the protected lands of Scotland’s first National Park. The route you take is along the eastern shores, a beautiful sheltered stretch of the loch with noble mountains dominated by Ben Lomond, one of the most climbed mountains in Scotland and our most southerly “Munro”.
You will have about 1.5 hours at Loch Lomond, to either join your guide for a walk to the viewpoint overlooking the loch or enjoy a wee dram of whisky in the hotel whilst taking in the views.
The Scottish Highlands and Islands are Europe's last great wilderness! This personalized tour is as close as you can get to touring in your own car, with the added benefit of gaining intimate knowledge of Scotland. Traveling in a small group means you can take lots of stops and reach "out of the way" places, giving you more time off the bus to discover the real Scotland.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Stirling Castle, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Discount Card offering discounts off local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Modern Mercedes minvan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: JOHN A, November 2016
Great trip with a really knowledgable driver/ guide. Coming from Australia my wife and I had very little teaching about Scotland from school days. Sure we knew lots abou England, it's Kings and Queens, but nothing about Scotland.
So we really enjoyed Douglas with his knowledge and enthusiasm
Reviewed by: amber_ressmer, October 2016
We had Jodi as our tour guide and she made this day trip an AMAZING experience!! We drove by Stirling Castle on the way out to Loch Lomond where we could capture some great pictures of the castle with the Hairy Coo's down below. Next stop was Loch Lomond which was a very quaint area and we had adequate time to explore and again, get some fabulous pictures. We circled back to Stirling and just in time to jump into a tour with another amazing tour guide who brings it all back to life! I must admit, I have NEVER had a tour guide as friendly, knowledgable, and captivating as Jodi hope I am spelling her name correctly. She has a deep love and passion for Scottish history and culture! Her tour was flawless and well-timed. She has a charming disposition, and I would HIGHLY recommend making sure you have a tour with her. We went on another tour the following day and did not enjoy our guide at all. All of Scotland is bonnie, but to have a guide such as our bonnie bonnie Jodi created a life-long memory for us and our love of Scotland grew even more with this trip! Next time we are in Edinburgh, we will request a tour with Jodi!