- All entrance fees included
- Choice of seating available
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Rail Tour
From Cusco, you'll be transferred to the railway station to enjoy your 4-hour scenic rail tour to Aguas Calientes. In order to meet various customer needs, you can choose from three different types of options.
The Expedition option was created for adventurous passengers seeking comfort and security without the extra frills. Departing from Poroy train station, located approximately 15 minutes outside of Cusco, your journey to Machu Picchu begins! The seats have been reupholstered with indigenous fabrics, giving them a touch of local flavor. Snacks are available for purchase, as well as additional storage space for backpacks.
The Vistadome option is a comfortable way to journey to Machu Picchu. Departing from Poroy train station, located approximately 15 minutes outside of Cusco, you'll enjoy beautiful panoramic windows to make the most of the spectacular scenery and allow for fantastic photo opportunities. Delicious snacks as well as hot and cold refreshments are served on the way (own expense).
The Executive Class option departs from the Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco and make your way to Machu Picchu in comfort. Enjoy scenic panoramic views from the train, where you'll be seated in comfortable, padded chairs with a fold-out table for your convenience. Snacks and beverages are served on board the train for your enjoyment (own expense).
Upon arrival at Aguas Calientes station, you'll board a small bus and head up to the ruins of the “sacred city”, Machu Picchu. Your expert guide will walk with you through the main streets of these amazing ruins. Stroll through town squares and climb delicately carved stone stairways. Esoteric wisdom holds Machu Picchu as the new spiritual center of the world. There will be time to be alone and fully embrace this magnificent wonder of the world, letting this once in a lifetime experience set in.
In the afternoon you'll return to the train station in Aguas Calientes for the trip back to Cusco.
IMPORTANT: Your passport detail is needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide your passport detail in the additional request box, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Expedition: 7am (2016) Vistadome: 6am (2016) Executive Class: 6:40am (2016)
Expedition: 6:40am (2017) Vistadome: 7:35am (2017) Executive Class: 6:40am (2017)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Expedition Train Option
Day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Includes entrance fee, bus ticket to the citadel from Aguas Calientes and roundtrip transportation on the Expedition option train.
USD $335.99Pricing details
Vistadome Train Option
Day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Includes entrance fee, bus ticket to the citadel from Aguas Calientes and roundtrip transportation on the Vistadome option train.
USD $371.99Pricing details
Executive Class Option
Day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Includes entrance fee, bus ticket to the citadel from Aguas Calientes and roundtrip transportation on the Executive class train option.
USD $371.99Pricing details
Explore Machu Picchu
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Local English- or Spanish-speaking guide
- Roundtrip train tickets
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to the citadel of Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send hotel details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place if necessary.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT: ALL traveler passport details are needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide all traveler passport details in the additional request box, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
- Please note: transport time on the train varies depending on which station you depart from. Please reconfirm before your travel date for the exact departure time and duration
- Please note: travel date amendments are accepted outside of 16 days before scheduled tour date
- Please note: The guided tour lasts around 2.5 hours. After that, you are free to explore Machu Picchu on your own. The departure time depends on the train option booked
- A maximum of 20 people per tour
- Please note: Poroy Station will be closed from 1st January to 30th April 2017. The Vistadome, Expedition and Executive trains will be departing from Ollataytambo or Pachar station, located approximately 1.5 hours from Cusco, during this period. Transfers to the stations from Cusco are included.
Those that select the Expedition option will depart from Cusco’s Poroy station in a train car upholstered with tasteful indigenous-style fabrics. There’s also ample storage for any backpacks you might bring along for your visit. If you get hungry, snacks are available on board (at your own expense).
Those who upgrade to the Vistadome option will also leave from Poroy station and be able to take advantage of their car’s extra-large panoramic windows, affording excellent views of the region’s beautiful mountain and river scenery along the way. Tasty snacks, plus hot and cold refreshments are available for purchase along the way.
Executive Class option:
For the Executive Class option, receive a transfer from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station, where you’ll board your high-end luxury train for the trip to Machu Picchu. Grab a seat in one of the comfy padded chairs, complete with fold-out tables, and enjoy stunning views from your trains panoramic-size windows. Snacks and beverages are also available on board for purchase.
Reviewed by: ROBERT G, January 2017
Reviewed by: Rajan B, January 2017