- Fully narrated tour
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
The Royal Basilica of Montserrat has been one of Spain's most important pilgrimage sites for hundreds of years, due to its famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Virgen Moroneta (the Black Virgin). On weekday afternoons, there is the opportunity to hear one of Europe's oldest children's choirs: La Escolania de Montserrat.
Having heard an introduction to Montserrat from your guide, learning about its importance in past and present times, use your free time (roughly 2.5 hours) to explore independently and discover the site’s magic on your own. Then, meet back up with your guide later to travel back to Barcelona by coach.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Montserrat Royal Basilica Half-Day Trip from Barcelona
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Admission to Royal Basilica of Montserrat
- Multilingual Official Guide
- Tasting of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to Montserrat's audiovisual room
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
- This is a large coach tour with a maximum of 50 participants
- Note that the children's choir does not perform in the afternoon
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Steve S, January 2017
Absolutely fabulous tour. Our bi-lingual Spanish/English guides Suzanna and Cristina on the 18th of January were very courteous, knowledgeable and fun. Our driver completed the tour package with his excellent driving both going and coming. Thank you!.
The vista alone is worth the trip.
Reviewed by: Francine D, December 2016
You can not skip this tour. Fantastic !